The program will give you an in-depth understanding of the aviation industry. The program enables you to bring together the appreciation and skills developed to demonstrate breadth and depth of thinking and capacity to solve real problems in the aviation workplace. You will develop your skills to critically review and analyse all aspects of the aviation industry, be prepared to work individually and in teams to solve aviation industry problems and communicate professionally to diverse aviation industry stakeholders.
Upon the successful completion of this program, you will be able to:
- Identify, interpret and analyse stakeholder needs, establish priorities and the goals, constraints and uncertainties of the system (social, cultural, legislative, environmental, business etc.), using systems thinking, while recognising ethical implications of professional practice.
- Apply problem solving, design and decision-making methodologies to develop components, systems and/ or processes to meet specified requirements, including innovative approaches to synthesise alternative solutions, concepts and procedures.
- Demonstrate information skills and research methods.
- Apply abstraction, mathematics and discipline fundamentals to analysis, design and operation, using appropriate computer software, laboratory equipment and other devices, ensuring model applicability, accuracy and limitations.
- Communicate and coordinate proficiently by listening, speaking, reading and writing English for professional practice, working as an effective member or leader of diverse teams.
- Use basic tools and practices of formal project management.
- Manage own time and processes effectively by prioritising competing demands to achieve personal and team goals, with regular review of personal performance as a primary means of managing continuing professional development.