You are expected to develop following Program Learning Outcomes:
- You will gain skills as you apply knowledge effectively to new situations.
You will learn to accurately and objectively examine and consider Information Technology topics, evidence, or situations, in particular to:
- Analyse and model requirements and constraints for the purpose of designing and implementing software applications and other software systems, and
- Evaluate and compare designs of such systems on the basis of requirements of the organisational needs.
Your capability to analyse problems and synthesise suitable solutions will be extended as you learn to:
- Design and implement software applications and other software solutions that accommodate specified requirements and constraints, based on analysis or modelling or requirements specification.
You will learn to communicate effectively with a variety of audiences through a range of modes and media, in particular to:
- Present and explain complex software applications and other software solutions, alternative solutions, and decision recommendations to both IT and non-IT personnel via technical reports of a professional standard and technical presentations.
You will learn to work as an effective and productive team member in a range of professional and social situations, in particular to:
- Work effectively in different roles, to form, manage, and successfully produce outcomes from teams, whose members may have diverse cultural backgrounds and life circumstances, and differing levels of technical expertise.
You will be required to accept responsibility for your own learning and make informed decisions about judging and adopting appropriate behavior in professional and social situations. This includes accepting the responsibility for life-long learning. Specifically, you will learn to:
- Effectively apply relevant standards, ethical considerations, and an understanding of legal and privacy issues to designing software applications and other software systems.