The following program learning outcomes are based on Engineers Australia's 'Stage 1' competency standards.
Knowledge and Skill Base
- Comprehensive, theory based understanding of the underpinning natural and physical sciences and the engineering fundamentals applicable to the engineering discipline.
- Conceptual understanding of mathematics, numerical analysis, statistics and computer & information sciences which underpin the engineering discipline.
- In-depth understanding of specialist bodies of knowledge within the engineering discipline.
- Discernment of knowledge development and research directions within the engineering discipline.
- Knowledge of contextual factors impacting the engineering discipline.
- Understanding of the scope, principles, norms, accountabilities and bounds of contemporary engineering practice in the specific discipline.
Engineering Application Ability
- Application of established engineering methods to complex engineering problem solving.
- Fluent application of engineering techniques, tools and resources.
- Application of systematic engineering synthesis and design processes.
- Application of systematic approaches to the conduct and management of engineering projects.
Professional and Personal Attributes
- Ethical conduct and professional accountability
- Effective oral and written communication in professional and lay domains.
- Creative, innovative and pro-active demeanour.
- Professional use and management of information.
- Orderly management of self, and professional conduct.
- Effective team membership and team leadership.