This program aims to increase your potential for successful study in higher education degree programs by building awareness of how you think, study and learn.
Through your transition to a dynamic, collaborative and international learning environment, you will develop practical learning skills to practise and enhance your ability to apply critical thinking to your studies, conduct research skilfully and present your work effectively in preparation for higher education degree programs.
On successful completion of this program you will be able to:
- Specify the RMIT values, learning culture and expectations and apply this understanding to build independence and confidence in both general and discipline specific contexts.
- Develop practical strategies for learning in a Global University.
- Achieve a level of critical thinking and reflection necessary to learn effectively in 1st year RMIT Vietnam University courses
- Demonstrate an understanding and willingness to adhere to RMIT values especially academic integrity.
- Demonstrate a level of proficiency in all forms of communication needed to study in first year University courses.
- Identify and apply independent and collaborative techniques and procedures that are relevant to a particular discipline.
- Develop and utilise discipline-based vocabulary that will aid their future learning
- Value discipline-based inquiry processes when compared (and contrasted) with other forms of inquiry.