As a graduate of this program you will be able to:
- Acquire knowledge of visual literacy and design theory, interactive and motion design, moving image, communications technologies, and digital media production skills and their application to digitally mediated communication.
- Apply theoretical knowledge, conceptual skills and production techniques to the development of digital media solutions for communications problems.
- Critically analyse, synthesise and reflect on the role, application and implications of digital media works in both local and international contexts.
- Demonstrate creativity, critical thinking and innovation when identifying and solving problems in diverse contexts within the discipline.
- Communicate using diverse formats and strategies to audiences within and external to your discipline.
- Work with others in a range of roles and contexts, demonstrating cultural, environmental and social awareness and ethical and reflective practice.
- Apply initiative and judgment in planning, problem solving and decision making in your practice or future study.
- Apply a body of theoretical and practical knowledge and specific skills in media and communication, in which to base your professional practice or future study.
Digital media and design professionals are in demand, as corporations large and small have an ever expanding online presence. Opportunities are diverse, and can be found in advertising, film, television, animation, Internet development and mobile technologies.
You will be ready to take on roles that are changing the face of visual communication, including:
- media production
- audio/video post-production
- web and information design
- interactive game development
- visual effects
- 2D and 3D motion graphics
- 3D modelling and animation
- event/stage design
When you successfully complete this program, you may be eligible for entry into an RMIT honours or postgraduate program in Vietnam and Australia.