RMIT Vietnam seeks to play a positive role in the broader community.
Recent examples include:
- Full and partial scholarships granted to excellent and disadvantaged students in various cities and provinces of Vietnam to study at RMIT University Vietnam
- Over the past 14 years, RMIT Vietnam has awarded 700 scholarships worth more than 150 billion VND to young people from all over Vietnam and around the world – young people who exemplify the kinds of characteristics that RMIT Vietnam prides itself on.
- Sharing of RMIT Vietnam’s recreational facilities with the local community
- A Memorandum of Understanding signed in August 2007 between RMIT University (Australia), RMIT University Vietnam and the Ho Chi Minh Political and Public Administration Academy on mutual collaboration in postgraduate research, academic exchange, and organising seminars, workshops and conferences
- Support to the HCMC Women’s Union with ongoing HIV/AIDS awareness raising activities
- Collaborative projects to bring IT and Library operational expertise to the community, a prominent example of which is the continuing facilitation of the development of Learning Resource Centres (LRCs) in regional universities in Vietnam, including support in organising finance, recruitment and training
- Continuing support and encouragement to students of RMIT University Vietnam to participate in charitable projects such as teaching blind children how to swim, teaching English and other skills to disadvantaged children, assisting aged people, raising funds and donations to help flood victims, and other initiatives
- Promoting the development of a campus which can be an example of international best practice environmentally and socially
- Promoting new teaching and learning methodologies, offering a student-centred approach, as well as a quality assurance system as a useful model to the Ministry of Education and Training of Vietnam and other local universities
- Fulfilling financial obligations to the Vietnamese Government in a timely fashion
- Ensuring full compliance with applicable statutory requirements