If you are a commencing international student arriving in Melbourne for the first time, you can get free transfer from the airport. You can be picked up from Melbourne Airport or Avalon Airport as long as you indicate this in the booking form.
To request your airport pickup service, you must:
- Have accepted your RMIT offer, received your CoE and a valid student visa, and booked your flight to Melbourne.
- Submit this airport pickup request at least five business days prior to your arrival date.
- Each RMIT student applies for their own airport pickup service.
- Please allow three business days to receive your airport pickup confirmation. Save the attachments to your mobile phone for quick reference.
- If you did not receive the airport pickup confirmation email, check your spam/junk folder. Please request your copy from email@example.com.
- A ‘No Show’ fee AU$100 applies if you have requested for airport pickup but fail to arrive on the scheduled flight or cancel the service.
- If you change your arrival itinerary or wish to cancel the service, you must inform us at least two business days prior to your arrival date. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If your luggage does not fit in a standard sedan’s boot, you will have to arrange a taxi to transport excess luggage to your drop off address.
Book my airport pick-up
Alternative transfers options from the Airport
There are other options to travel from the airport to the city or your destination.
You can take a taxi from designated taxi ranks located outside the terminals.
Or you can take a bus to Melbourne city called the Skybus.