4. Contest rules:
4.1. Preliminary Round:
- The Preliminary Round is an English written test.
- Schools selected for the competition will register the number of students participating in the written test. RMIT will run this writing contest on Saturday afternoon or Sunday morning in February and March 2021 or another schedule in coordination with each school. The test will be delivered directly or online, depending on the government's guidance based on the COVID-19 pandemic.
- The 10 students with the highest score from each school will be selected to continue to participate in the next round.
For individual contestants:
Register for the Preliminary Round as scheduled by RMIT on Saturday afternoon or Sunday morning in March 2021. The preliminary round will be conducted in person or online, depending on the government's guidance based on the COVID-19 situation.
Register link: Please click here.
4.2. Semi-final Round:
- In this round, the winners of the Preliminary Round will answer the same questions and will be eliminated right after an incorrect answer.
- The semi-finals will be held on 04/04/2020.
- This round will select 20 students from Ho Chi Minh City, Hanoi & Danang to participate in the National Final.
4.3. Final Round:
- The final round will take place on 24 April 2021 & 25 April 2021
- During this round, contestants will compete one-on-one. Each student participates in a match with their component which is decided by random draw.
- The winner of each match will win the program prize. There will be 10 winners in this round.
- Students attend the Final Round with Parents. Parents will be able to assist students during the final round of the competition.
- Each match will be recorded and broadcast on RMIT English's official Youtube channel and Facebook. Contestants agree that RMIT can use their videos and photos for marketing and educational purposes.