- Sightlines: Film-making in the Academy peer- reviewed online audiovisual journal, issue 4, Australian Screen Production, Education & Research Association, May 2022, ISSN: 2653-1801 (Online) http://www.aspera.org.au/research/sarva-mangalam/
- ‘Electroacoustic Moviemaking: A Creative Media Practice Research Collaboration Case Study.’ Special Issue: Creative Practice in Filmmaking and Screen Production, Studies in Australasian Cinema. Volume 12, Issue 2-3, pp.116-134. Published online 29 Nov 2018. DOI: 10.1080/17503175.2018.1539539
- ‘Revisiting Scratch Video’ and ‘Amen: Survive the Coming Hard Times’ video and journal article of accompanying research contexts selected for publication in ‘Aesthetics/Politics/Activism/Art: What is Radical Film?’ Screenworks special issue, the peer-reviewed online publication of practice research in film and screen media, Volume 7.3, December 2017 http://screenworks.org.uk/archive/volume-7-3/revisiting-scratch-video, ISSN 2514-3123.
- ‘Globus Hystericus’ video in collaboration with composer Professor Tim Howle, and journal article of supporting research contexts, Sightlines: Film-making in the Academy peer- reviewed online audiovisual journal, issue 1, Australian Screen Production, Education & Research Association, November 2015, ISSN 978-0-9943365-1-4. http://www.aspera.org.au/research/sightlines-globus-hystericus/
- ‘Electroacoustic Movies: A visual music practice and its contexts’ journal article
- Divergence Press: Issue 2 – Sound. Music. Image - online, open access, peer-reviewed journal and resource hub for contemporary music, Centre for Research in New Music, University of Huddersfield, May 2014, ISSN 2052-3467. http://divergencepress.net/articles/2016/11/3/h4ju9gihvt68nfrukgto05fskaoipa
- ‘Open Circuits’ video in collaboration with composer Tim Howle and journal article of accompanying research contexts selected for publication on DVD and online, ‘ScreenWork Practice as Research DVD’ in The Journal of Media Practice, June 2007, ISBN 978 186043 5126. Also published on DVD - ‘Visual Music’ AV Special, Computer Music Journal, Volume 29, Number 4, Winter 2005, MIT Press, ISBN 0-262-75739-7. See: http://screenworks.org.uk/archive/volume-1
- ‘Scratch video: analogue herald of remix culture’ in The Handbook of Remix Studies & Digital Humanities, Navas, E., Gallager, O. and Burrough, X. (eds), Routledge, tbc.
- ‘Scratch Video Revisited’ in The Radical Film Handbook, Newsinger, J., Wayne, M. & Presence, S. (eds), Routledge, tbc 2020.
- ‘Nothing Here Now but the Recordings – The Moving Image Record of Joy Division and the Factory Video Unit’ in Heart and Soul: Critical Essays on Joy Division, Martin Power (ed), Rowman & Littlefield (London), October 2018. ISBN 978-1-78660-334-0.
- ‘Electroacoustic Movies: Open Circuits, Son et Lumieres, In Eclipse, In Girum’ Video/DVD, 2003-2008 in collaboration with Professor Tim Howle, in Video and Moving Image - on synaesthesia and visual music / MuVi 3 Ricco, D. and Jose de Cordoba, M. (eds) (2012) Ediciones Fundacion International Artecitta, Granada, Spain ISBN-13: 978-84-939054-3-9.
- ‘Open Circuits’ Video/DVD in collaboration with Tim Howle published on DVD in Process Revealed – Documenting the European Conference on Evolutionary Music and Art, Artpool, Budapest, Hungary (2006), Goldsmiths, University of London (ISBN 1904158714)
- ‘Islington’s Victorian Prisons’, in Sugden, K (ed) (1989) Criminal Islington: The story of crime and punishment in a Victorian suburb, Islington Archaeology and History Society.
Refereed Conferences (recent)
‘The Research Contexts of Sarva Mangalam!’ Screening: Media, Communication and Cultural Studies Association (MeCCSA) Annual Conference, University of Brighton, January 2020. Sightlines – Filmmaking in the Academy, RMIT University, Melbourne, Australia, December 2019
‘False Memory of Normandy’ (2018) video in collaboration with composer Professor Tim Howle and poet J.M.Fox. Screening and paper presentation: Shaping Knowledge: encounters between word and image, MPE and MeCCSA Practice Network . Annual Symposium, University of Kent, June 2019.
‘Creative Practice Research Collaboration.’ Paper, Media Communications and Cultural Studies Association (MeCCSA) Annual Conference, also Screening selection of video work; London South Bank University, January 2018.
Single screen presentation of work
- ‘Sarva Mangalam!’ (2018) video in collaboration with composer Professor Tim Howle
- Convergence: international conference and festival of music, technology and ideas, Leicester de Montfort University, UK, September 2019.
- Rediscoveries XI - Sonic Exchange, University of Aberdeen, February 2019.
- International Computer Music Conference, Daegu, South Korea, August 2018.
- New York City Electroacoustic Music Festival, New York, USA, July 2018.
- Visual Music 2018 - Noise Floor Experimental Music and Moving Image Festival, Staffordshire University, May 2018.
‘Flags 3’ (2016) video in collaboration with Composer Tim Howle – single screen presentation of work:
- Media Communications and Cultural Studies Association (MeCCSA) Annual Conference, London South Bank University, January 2018
- Sound + Environment 2017: Art | Science | Listening | Collaboration, University of Hull, 29 June – 2 July 2017.
- International Festival and Conference on Sound in the Arts, Science and Technology; Irish Sound, Science and Technology Association (ISSTA), Dundalk Institute of Technology, Ireland, September, 2017.
- Seeing Sound – practice-led research symposium, Bath Spa University, UK, April 2016
Film Festival Screenings and Awards
- ‘The Key to Yunnan’s Hidden Paradise’ (20’29) and ‘Gateway to the Hidden Lands’ (5’16”) 2018 Promotional videos for Tibetan hotel group Songtsam
- Winner: Best Nature and Eco-Tourism Documentary, International Tourism Film Festival, Veliko Tarnovo, Bulgaria 2019.
- Winner: Japan World’s Tourism Film Festival, Osaka February 2020.
- Official Selection: Travel Film Fest, Limasol, Cyprus; Zagreb Tourfilm Festival, Croatia; Deauville Green Awards, France; Terres Film Festival, Catalunya, Spain; Travel Film Russia Film Festival, Moscow, Russia; TourFilm Riga Film Festival, Latvia, 2019. https://nickcopefilm.com/2019/03/17/songtsam/
Curated Screenings and Installations (recent)
- AV performance with Wrangler, Opening Night: All That Scratching Is Making Me Itch, London Short Film Festival, ICA London, January 11, 2019. https://shortfilms.org.uk/lsff2019/events/2019-01-11-opening-night-all-that-scratching-is-making-me-itch
- AV performance with Adrian Sherwood, FACT stage Curated by Mark Fell, No Bounds - Club Culture, Arts and Technology Festival, Sheffield 13 October, 2018. http://noboundsfestival.co.uk/artists/adrian-sherwood-live-av-
- Amen: Survive the Coming Hard Times (1984) Video. ‘Without Brutality: 25 Years of the Art and Design Research Centre’ Sheffield International Documentary Festival; Showroom Cinema, Sheffield, July 2018.
- ‘The Problem of Perspective: Alternative Film and Video in Northern England’ Pavillion Arts; Brewery Arts Centre Kendal, LUX London, Showroom Cinema Sheffield and Hyde Park Picture House Leeds, January-March 2017. http://www.pavilion.org.uk/events/2016/perspective/
- Amen: Survive the Coming Hard Times (1984) Video.
- Friendly Fires (1985) Video
- Suffer Bomb Disease (1985) Video
- Installation and Screening of Scratch video work; Invited Panel Discussion member: Art Sheffield International Arts Festival; Sheffield, UK, April – May 2016. http://www.artsheffield.org/2016/programme/156-arundel-street/
- Review: http://i-d.vice.com/en_gb/article/how-sheffield-in-the-80s-became-a-hive-of-musical-and-artistic-experimentation