Essential items for travel to Vietnam
It is advisable to have the following items in your hand luggage:
- Carry-on luggage
- Offer and Offer acceptance form
- Personal details and Vietnam contact address
- Key contact name/ phone numbers, address of the hotel in Vietnam, details of the person you will meet on arrival (if any)
- Vietnamese dong (or you can exchange money at the airport)
- Driving license (or another identification document).
- All personal valuables: laptop, camera, phone chargers, etc.
- Do not put your valuables in the check-in luggage
- Have photocopies of all your key travel documents in your main luggage.
Photocopy of key travel documents
- All other personal items including any essential electrical goods.
For a more detailed list of items to bring and not to bring to Vietnam, please see the Living in Vietnam guide below. This guidebook is prepared by RMIT Vietnam as a reference for your settlement in Vietnam.