In this program you will develop general skills including problem solving, communication and reflective practice, in addition to the knowledge and skills required to meet the needs of a Human Resource Management practitioner. In summary you will learn to exercise strong ethical judgement, locate decisions in the broader social and economic contexts, and to work flexibly and effectively with those around you in a variety of organisational structures. The program will prepare you to engage in a process of continuous learning as an HRM practitioner.
On the successful completion of this program you will be able to:
- Apply a broad theoretical and technical knowledge of business practice in diverse contexts.
- Apply theoretical and technical knowledge to provide in-depth specialist and professional advice related to managing people in organisations including human resource management, employment relations, occupational health and safety (OH&S), negotiation & advocacy skills and managing human performance.
- Critically analyse and synthesise information to formulate effective business decisions.
- Apply reasoned judgements to solve problems in a variety of business contexts with reference to ethical, regulatory and global perspectives.
- Reflect on performance feedback to identify and action strategies for improvement.
- Communicate business data and concepts to professionals and non-professionals in diverse contexts.
- Apply an adaptive and collaborative approach to working with others in a variety of business and professional contexts
- Apply, and integrate professional theory with practice in authentic Work Integrated Learning (WIL) contexts.