- RMIT Saigon South
UniSTART* for Engineering is an informal pathway that prepares you for undergraduate study by developing your English language and your study skills at a manageable pace.
Successfully complete UniSTART (Engineering) to enter the:
- Bachelor of Engineering (Electrical & Electronics Engineering) (Honours)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Robotics & Mechatronics Engineering) (Honours)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Software Engineering) (Honours)
Your English entry point into UniSTART depends on your English ability, so we can tailor your study to suit your needs. For example, students with IELTS (Academic) 6.0+ are exempt from the first semester of UniSTART.
You will receive academic credit for the undergraduate courses you successfully complete as part of your UniSTART studies. By successfully completing UniSTART courses with 1.0 GPA or above, you can transition to your chosen Bachelor program at RMIT University Vietnam.
*UniSTART is a non-AQF award, which means it is not a recognised qualification in Australia.
High school graduation diploma with a minimum GPA of 6.0/10.0 in Grade 12.
For other international qualifications please view entry requirements by country.
Successfully complete RMIT English Upper-Intermediate or complete one of the following English proficiency tests:
- IELTS (Academic) 5.5+ (no band under 5.0) [Students with IELTS (Academic) 6.0+ are exempt from the first semester of UniSTART]
- TOEFL iBT 71+ (no band under 17)
- Pearson Test of English (Academic) 42+ (no communication band below 36)
- Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE) or First (FCE) 162+ (no band below 154)
For other international English entry requirements, please view English equivalency requirements
Note: TOEFL, IELTS, Pearson and Cambridge results are recognised for two years from the test date. RMIT English results are recognised for one year from the test date.
Please contact the RMIT Vietnam Student Recruitment team for more information.
- Fees are priced and invoiced in Vietnam Dong (VND) by semester.
- Payment in other currencies will be converted to VND at the exchange rate on that day. Bank transfer is the preferred method of payment.
- The USD fee noted above is to be used as a guide only. The USD fee is quoted to overseas students as per Circular No. 32/2013/TT_NHNN, article 4.16.b.