- RMIT Saigon South
This program prepares you to develop and manage technology infrastructure for organisations across a wide range of sectors. You will become skilled in creating and managing business applications, cloud storage, social media, websites and systems. Also, you will learn to problem solve, support and troubleshoot for the people who use IT. You will study software design, development and testing systems, and learn how to apply your skills to large-scale software application developments. Skill development in project management, research and communication will set you apart in the jobs market.
You will have access to professional laboratories, modern computer laboratories, new electronic materials testing and processing equipment, and the latest software. Our computers operate not only Windows but also Linux and macOS operating systems. You will stay up to date with current technological trends through classroom use of Android, iOS and modern cross-platform mobile technology such as Flutter. You will also become familiar with web development tools, security software and cloud platforms.
Our information technology (IT) qualification will make you highly employable in the rapidly expanding IT and software development sector, where large local and international companies seek experts with English language skills.
Upon graduating, you will be ready to step into a career in network and data administration, programming, client support or any other area at the forefront of innovation in IT.
Australian Computer Society (ACS) accreditation means that the program is certified by professionals and recognised internationally.
Entry level careers
- software engineer/developer
- web developer
- mobile developer
- application developer
- game developer
- User-interface designer and programmer
- database administrator
- software tester
- cloud engineer
- business analyst
- system/network engineer
Long term career path
- senior developer/engineer
- project manager
- technical manager/software architect
- IT manager
- chief technology officer
- chief executive officer
The Bachelor of Information Technology program is accredited at the professional level by the Australian Computer Society (ACS). The ACS is a signatory to the Seoul Accord, an agreement responsible for accreditation or recognition of tertiary-level computing and ITrelated qualifications worldwide. This shows commitment to good practice in computing and IT-related education.
- The Bachelor of Information Technology program is delivered through lectures, tutorials, projects, group work and industry placements.
- Assessments will vary with each course but may include examinations, assignments, presentations, projects and group work.
- High school graduation diploma with a minimum GPA of 7.0/10.0 for Grade 12, and with a score of 6.0/10.0 or more in Mathematics subject; for other international qualifications please view entry requirements by country; or
- Successfully complete the UniSTART (Information Technology) with a minimum GPA of 1.0/4.0
- If you have completed or partially completed a similar program at another institution you may be accepted with some academic credit, or exemptions, being granted toward this program.
Successfully complete RMIT English Advanced or complete one of the following English proficiency tests:
- IELTS (Academic) 6.5+ (no band below 6.0)
- TOEFL iBT 79+ (with minimum score of 13 in Reading, 12 in Listening, 18 in Speaking and 21 in Writing)
- Pearson Test of English (Academic) 58+ (no communication band below 50)
- Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE) or Proficiency (CPE) 176+ (no band below 169)
For other international English entry requirements, please view English equivalency requirements.
Note: TOEFL, IELTS, Pearson and Cambridge results are recognised for two years from the test date. RMIT English results are recognised for one year from the test date.
Please contact the RMIT Vietnam Student Recruitment team for more information.
Students can choose standard fee or fixed fee program. Payments can be made each semester, on a course-by-course basis.
Standard tuition fee 2019
- Annual tuition fee: 11,165 USD ~ 267,760,000 VND (based on full time study load - 8 courses)
- Whole program fee: 33,498 USD ~ 803,273,000 VND (24 courses - 288 credits)
Fixed fee 2019
- Annual tuition fee*: 11,952 USD ~ 286,619,000 VND (based on full time study load - 8 courses)
- Whole program fee*: 35,857 USD ~ 859,858,000 VND (24 courses - 288 credits)
(*) Fixed Fees are offered to brand new students who would like to fix their course tuition fees for a specified period of a Higher Education degree program. The fixed fee program guards against potential fee increases and currency fluctuations. All fees noted above with * are fixed fees, and are correct for 2019.
- The duration of programs is flexible and can be adapted on an individual basis upon enrolment.
- Program fees are priced and invoiced in Vietnam Dong (VND).
- Payment in other currencies will be converted to VND at the exchange rate on that day. Bank transfer is the preferred method of payment.
- The fees in USD are ONLY applicable to those international students who arrange for payment from overseas, as per Circular No. 32/2013/TT-NHNN.
RMIT has been one of the first universities that we have targeted since arriving in Vietnam because of the high English skills of its students. Our teams work with people across multiple languages, so English is our standard. RMIT has welcomed us to many events, including job forums and lectures. There have also been student tours to our offices. I joined the IT Program Advisory Committee. It’s a chance to be closer to the employees of tomorrow and have a true exchange – sharing expertise and helping students find their dream job.
Xavier Malparty - IT Production Director, Amaris Group
From a graduate...
My journey since graduating has been challenging and exciting. Working in the manufacturing industry with Intel Products Vietnam has given me a sense of urgency and pushed me to strive to meet job expectations. Armed with the skills that RMIT gave me, I’m able to learn and develop both professionally and personally every day. RMIT’s international and dynamic environment pushed me out of my comfort zone, giving me opportunities to mingle, do public speaking and participate in extracurricular activities. The knowledgeable professors introduced me to cutting-edge technology.
From a current student...
I returned from Singapore with a degree in biotechnology and decided to matriculate in RMIT to pursue a second degree in IT. I did so for a few reasons. Firstly, the current job market has extremely high demand for competent IT engineers. Secondly, recent statistics suggest the median salary for IT graduates is even higher than business graduates. Finally, I want to enter the workforce soon. RMIT’s intensive schedule helps to fast-track my degree. I’m confident that I’ll be well equipped to enter the workforce after graduating.
Tran Van Minh
From a lecturer...
In the Building IT Systems course, students learn to work on a project as a team in order to develop their teamwork skills, collaboration skills and also the tech skills of their choice. They’re in charge from beginning to end, while I act as a facilitator and supporter of their project. They recruit their own team by pitching their ideas to each other. They prepare and plan the project together, and learn together about the needed technology. At the end of the semester, they pitch their projects to each other.
Dr Edouard Amouroux