- RMIT Saigon South
If you have a flair for fashion and a mind for business, you are uniquely suited to a career in the fashion and textiles industry. You will study design, distribution and retail, and the theory and practice of visual merchandising.
If you have a flair for fashion and a mind for business, you are uniquely suited to a career in the
fashion and textiles industry.
This degree prepares you to succeed in this creative and growing industry, equipping you with the skills and knowledge to plan, develop and
execute marketing and merchandising campaigns.
You will study areas such as distribution and retailing, product design and development, fashion branding, the theory and practice of visual merchandising, global and local supply chains, and international and national fashion systems.
You will have access to online resources such as the Berg Fashion Library, Vogue Archive and fashion trends website WGSN.
You will be prepared for many exciting careers in areas including:
- brand management
- fashion marketing and communications
- international trade
- merchandising planning
- range coordination
- fashion retail management
- outsourcing (production)
- product development
- supply chain management
- trend analysis
- visual merchandising
- Teaching and learning in this degree is very practical, providing you with constant hands-on experience. Your experience is structured, so that you begin in a safe, low-risk environment where you can learn essential skills, and progress to an internship in a real business within Vietnam's expanding fashion industry.
- You'll be assessed in a variety of ways to ensure that you can demonstrate your skills across the range of areas required for a fashion merchandiser. Expect a combination of examinations, assignments, presentations and project work. Assessment may be both individual, or conducted in groups.
- High school graduation diploma with a minimum GPA of 7.0/10.0 for Grade 12, for other international qualifications please view entry requirements by country; or
- Successfully complete the UniSTART (Fashion) with a minimum GPA of 1.0/4.0 with no double fail of a course
- If you have completed or partially completed a similar program at another institution you may be accepted with some academic credit, or exemptions, being granted toward this program.
Successfully complete RMIT English Advanced or complete one of the following English proficiency tests:
- IELTS (Academic) 6.5+ (no band below 6.0)
- TOEFL iBT 79+ (with minimum score of 13 in Reading, 12 in Listening, 18 in Speaking and 21 in Writing)
- Pearson Test of English (Academic) 58+ (no communication band below 50)
- Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE) or Proficiency (CPE) 176+ (no band below 169)
For other international English entry requirements, please view English equivalency requirements.
Note: TOEFL, IELTS, Pearson and Cambridge results are recognised for two years from the test date. RMIT English results are recognised for one year from the test date.
Please contact the RMIT Vietnam Student Recruitment team for more information.
Students can choose standard fee or fixed fee program. Payments can be made each semester, on a course-by-course basis.
Standard tuition fee 2018
- Annual tuition fee: 11,262 USD ~ 257,337,667 VND (based on full time study load - 8 courses)
- Whole program fee: 33,786 USD ~ 772,013,000 VND (24 courses - 288 credits)
Fixed fee 2018
- Annual tuition fee*: 12,037 USD ~ 275,040,000 VND (based on full time study load - 8 courses)
- Whole program fee*: 36,110 USD ~ 825,120,000 VND (24 courses - 288 credits)
(*) Fixed Fees are offered to brand new students who would like to fix their course tuition fees for a specified period of a Higher Education degree program. The fixed fee program guards against potential fee increases and currency fluctuations. All fees noted above with * are fixed fees, and are correct for 2018.
- The duration of programs is flexible and can be adapted on an individual basis upon enrolment.
- Program fees are priced and invoiced in Vietnam Dong (VND).
- Payment in other currencies will be converted to VND at the exchange rate on that day. Bank transfer is the preferred method of payment.
- The fees in USD are ONLY applicable to those international students who arrange for payment from overseas, as per Circular No. 32/2013/TT-NHNN.
“I work at Takashimaya department store as a visual merchandiser, which involves taking care of designing seasonal concepts for five floors. As part of my role, I carry out monthly planning and execute the hosting of events. Also, I take part in activities such as planning budgets, negotiating with external suppliers, managing vendor relationships and developing marketing plans and marketing materials. When the recruiter saw my CV, they saw my English skills and working ability as good points. The three most helpful skills that I learnt at RMIT were in critical thinking, self-studying and debating.”
Nguyen Ngoc Thanh Phuong
"I’ve always been fascinated by people who can express their personality through unique clothing. I work at my family’s bespoke tailoring business. This program helps me to combine my love for fashion and my need to know how to run a fashion business. Other schools usually offer fashion design. Only RMIT offers merchandise management, which gives you knowledge about how to effectively sell and communicate the beautiful products that you or your brand create. My goal is to help the customers find their own styles."
Ta Thi Hong Van
Manager, Talent Acquisition, South East Asia, Tapestry