- RMIT Saigon South
If you have a flair for fashion and a mind for business, you are uniquely suited to a career in the fashion and textiles industry. You will study design, distribution and retail, and the theory and practice of visual merchandising.
If you have a flair for fashion and a mind for business, you are uniquely suited to a career in the fashion and textiles industry.
This degree prepares you to succeed in this creative and growing industry, equipping you with the skills and knowledge to plan, develop and execute marketing and merchandising campaigns.
You will study areas such as distribution and retailing, product design and development, fashion branding, the theory and practice of visual merchandising, global and local supply chains, and international and national fashion systems.
You will have access to online resources such as the Berg Fashion Library, Vogue Archive and fashion trends website WGSN.
You will be prepared for many exciting careers in areas including:
- brand management
- fashion marketing and communications
- international trade
- merchandising planning
- range coordination
- fashion retail management
- outsourcing (production)
- product development
- supply chain management
- trend analysis
- visual merchandising
- Teaching and learning in this degree is very practical, providing you with constant hands-on experience. Your experience is structured, so that you begin in a safe, low-risk environment where you can learn essential skills, and progress to an internship in a real business within Vietnam's expanding fashion industry.
- You'll be assessed in a variety of ways to ensure that you can demonstrate your skills across the range of areas required for a fashion merchandiser. Expect a combination of examinations, assignments, presentations and project work. Assessment may be both individual, or conducted in groups.
- High school graduation diploma with a minimum GPA of 7.0/10.0 for Grade 12, for other international qualifications please view entry requirements by country; or
- Successfully complete the UniSTART (Fashion) with a minimum GPA of 1.0/4.0 with no double fail of a course
- If you have completed or partially completed a similar program at another institution you may be accepted with some academic credit, or exemptions, being granted toward this program.
Successfully complete RMIT English Advanced or complete one of the following English proficiency tests:
- IELTS (Academic) 6.5+ (no band below 6.0)
- TOEFL iBT 79+ (with minimum score of 13 in Reading, 12 in Listening, 18 in Speaking and 21 in Writing)
- Pearson Test of English (Academic) 58+ (no communication band below 50)
- Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE) or Proficiency (CPE) 176+ (no band below 169)
For other international English entry requirements, please view English equivalency requirements.
Note: TOEFL, IELTS, Pearson and Cambridge results are recognised for two years from the test date. RMIT English results are recognised for one year from the test date.
Please contact the RMIT Vietnam Student Recruitment team for more information.
Students can choose standard fee or fixed fee program. Payments can be made each semester, on a course-by-course basis.
Standard tuition fee 2019
- Annual tuition fee: 11,887 USD (indicative USD fee) ~ 277,920,000 VND (based on full time study load - 8 courses)
- Whole program fee: 35,661 USD (indicative USD fee) ~833,760,000 VND (24 courses - 288 credits)
Fixed fee 2019
- Annual tuition fee*: 12,705 USD (indicative USD fee) ~ 297,043,000 VND (based on full time study load - 8 courses)
- Whole program fee*: 38,115 USD (indicative USD fee) ~ 891,130,000 VND (24 courses - 288 credits)
(*) Fixed Fees are offered to brand new students who would like to fix their course tuition fees for a specified period of a Higher Education degree program. The fixed fee program guards against potential fee increases and currency fluctuations. All fees noted above with * are fixed fees, and are correct for 2019.
- The duration of programs is flexible and can be adapted on an individual basis upon enrolment.
- Program fees are priced and invoiced in Vietnam Dong (VND).
- Payment in other currencies will be converted to VND at the exchange rate on that day. Bank transfer is the preferred method of payment.
- The fees in USD are ONLY applicable to those international students who arrange for payment from overseas, as per Circular No. 32/2013/TT-NHNN.
Anna Nina worked with students to create maternity wear which provide comfort and versatility, and offer trendy styles that break away from traditional maternity fashion. Over the course of the project, I was deeply impressed with the students’ creativity, dedication and overall knowledge of fashion design. They provided clear thoughts, observed constructive feedback, documented their work and presented their projects with high professionalism. It was a wonderful experience working with RMIT’s faculty and students.
Mai Thuy Anh
Chief Fashion Designer, Anna Nina
The fashion program has enormously contributed to my career. I met so many amazing people who became friends. The skills and knowledge that I gained have enabled me to identify many professional growth paths and to choose the one that suited my ambitions. After graduating, I was offered a position that was recommended by RMIT’s career services. My current employer always wants to meet RMIT students. So I’m proud to say I’m an RMIT alumnus.
Nguyen Thuy Yen Nhi (Nancy)
Alumnus, Fashion Print Designer, Afromazi Design Saigon
My family has long been involved in a clothing business. So fashion is a very crucial part of my daily life. This was one of the reasons I became passionate about the fashion industry. I chose RMIT because it provided me with the opportunity to study in an international environment while being close to my family. This is like a dream come true! Studying here will help me for when I take over the family business.
Vy Tran Nha Khanh