- RMIT Saigon South
With every new device, piece of hardware and machinery being powered by software, highly skilled software engineers are in demand. Software engineers need to go beyond simply being able to write software. They need to understand the hardware, as well. Software engineers provide the ‘brain’ that brings products to life.
This program prepares you to step confidently into the workplace, where you will work alongside other types of engineers – such as electrical and mechanical engineers. Under the project based learning model, you will be exposed to problems sourced from our community, research and industry partners.
Using state-of-the-art software engineering laboratories, you will be empowered to put theory into practice and develop innovative solutions for real-world problems.
As everyday life becomes more dependent on computers and computer systems, there are almost limitless opportunities for qualified software engineering graduates in Vietnam and around the world.
Entry level careers
- system analyst
- IT consultant
- mobile games developer
- product development
- software engineer
- software developer
- system engineer
Long term career pathways
- principal software engineer
- advanced/specialist engineer
- project leader/manager
- director of engineering
- chief technology officer
This program has been accredited by Engineers Australia, which is the professional accrediting body for all engineering programs at Australian universities.
- The Bachelor of Engineering program is delivered through lectures, workshops, projects, group work and industry placements.
- Assessments will vary with each course but may include examinations, assignments, reflective journals, in-class tests, laboratory reports and group projects.
- High school graduation diploma with a minimum GPA of 7.0/10.0 for Grade 12, and with a score of 6.0/10.0 or more in Mathematics subject; for other international qualifications please view entry requirements by country; or
- Successfully complete the UniSTART (Engineering) with a minimum GPA of 1.0/4.0
- If you have completed or partially completed a similar program at another institution you may be accepted with some academic credit, or exemptions, being granted toward this program.
Successfully complete RMIT English Advanced or complete one of the following English proficiency tests:
- IELTS (Academic) 6.5+ (no band below 6.0)
- TOEFL iBT 79+ (with minimum score of 13 in Reading, 12 in Listening, 18 in Speaking and 21 in Writing)
- Pearson Test of English (Academic) 58+ (no communication band below 50)
- Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE) or Proficiency (CPE) 176+ (no band below 169)
For other international English entry requirements, please view English equivalency requirements.
Note: TOEFL, IELTS, Pearson and Cambridge results are recognised for two years from the test date. RMIT English results are recognised for one year from the test date.
Please contact the RMIT Vietnam Student Recruitment team for more information.
Students can choose standard fee or fixed fee program. Payments can be made each semester, on a course-by-course basis.
Standard tuition fee 2019
- Annual tuition fee: 6,980 USD ~ 167,404,000 VND (based on full time study load - 8 courses)
- Whole program fee: 27,924 USD ~ 669,616,000 VND (32 courses - 384 credits)
Fixed fee 2019
- Annual tuition fee*: 7,660 USD ~ 183,682,250 VND (based on full time study load - 8 courses)
- Whole program fee*: 30,639 USD ~ 734,729,000 VND (32 courses - 384 credits)
(*) Fixed Fees are offered to brand new students who would like to fix their course tuition fees for a specified period of a Higher Education degree program. The fixed fee program guards against potential fee increases and currency fluctuations. All fees noted above with * are fixed fees, and are correct for 2019.
- The duration of programs is flexible and can be adapted on an individual basis upon enrolment.
- Program fees are priced and invoiced in Vietnam Dong (VND).
- Payment in other currencies will be converted to VND at the exchange rate on that day. Bank transfer is the preferred method of payment.
- The fees in USD are ONLY applicable to those international students who arrange for payment from overseas, as per Circular No. 32/2013/TT-NHNN.
Honours is a pathway to higher research degrees and is located at Level 8 of the Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF). An Honours degree provides a distinctive competitive advantage in the international job market.
The Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) at RMIT University Vietnam is a four year program (full-time). It incorporates a Bachelor degree and additional study to develop your research, analytical and communication skills. This type of Honours study is embedded throughout the degree program.
Honours may be also be available in other programs as one year of additional study, which includes a thesis. This type of Honours program is designed for high achieving students with the potential to undertake independent research. Under the general guidance of a supervisor, you will plan, develop, and report on a research project which is aimed at producing practical and theoretical outcomes that build on existing knowledge.
RMIT is our school of choice for the internship program. As a tech firm, we particularly favour the Software Engineering program. UpStar Labs was started as KMS Technology’s incubator to help founders and developers build and launch great software. The head of UpStar Labs is an RMIT alumnus and former lecturer. We have quite a few RMIT alumni working on various UpStar products. With the internship program, we offer students the opportunity to experience product development and an agile startup project environment. We want them to help grow and train the next international-standard software development workforce. In return, we hope to recruit potential and suitable talent for UpStar’s projects.
Uy Tran - Director of Product Development, UpStar Lab
From a lecturer...
We’re looking for students who want to create products or find solutions for existing problems. We want to train the next generation of problem solvers. Whatever problem society has, we can come up with solutions using technology as a tool. The program’s first year provides foundational engineering knowledge. In the second year, students focus on the software side. In the final years, we try to reach industry quality for all the assignments and projects. In working with industry partners as their clients, our students need to manage their schedules, organise meetings, understand the requirements, understand the problem, develop solutions, write reports and present the solutions to clients.
Tran Ngoc Quang - Program Lead