- RMIT Saigon South
The field of electrical and electronics engineering encompasses the technological advances of the last two decades. RMIT Vietnam's The Bachelor of Engineering (Electrical and Electronics Engineering) (Honours) is an innovative program that allows you to learn and work on these technological advances.
Our program is delivered using a Project Based Learning approach which aligns the academic, industry and professional accreditation expectations. You work on real-world problems sourced from research, community and industry.
You will learn how to put theory into practice by prototyping electronic designs and experimenting in the laboratory to design and build projects that will prepare you for work in today’s fast-paced, networked world.
RMIT has close relationships with its industry partners, and our innovative program design ensures that you have the opportunity to complete up to four semesters of industry placements. You will develop valuable workplace skills that will set you apart - many RMIT students are offered jobs while they are still studying.
You have the opportunity to tailor your program from specialised areas such as:
- Aviation electronics
- Biomedical electronics
- Electronic product design
- Electrical power
- Renewable energy
- Advanced transport design
RMIT students have a wealth of practical skills that lead to many career paths. Opportunities include:
Entry level careers
- Product development and design
- Application engineer
- IC design engineer
- Electrical engineering
- Project officer/manager
- Technology consultant
Long term career pathways
- Principal engineer
- Advanced/specialist engineer
- Engineering manager
- Engineering director
- Chief technology officer
- High school graduation diploma with a minimum GPA of 7.0/10.0 for Grade 12, for other international qualifications please view entry requirements by country; or
- Successfully complete the UniSTART (Engineering) with a minimum GPA of 1.0/4.0
- If you have completed or partially completed a similar program at another institution you may be accepted with some academic credit, or exemptions, being granted toward this program.
Successfully complete RMIT English Advanced or complete one of the following English proficiency tests:
- IELTS (Academic) 6.5+ (no band below 6.0)
- TOEFL iBT 92+ (no band below 20)
- Pearson Test of English (Academic) 58+ (no communication band below 50)
- Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE) or Proficiency (CPE) 176+ (no band below 169)
For other international English entry requirements, please view English equivalency requirements.
Note: TOEFL, IELTS, Pearson and Cambridge results are recognised for two years from the test date. RMIT English results are recognised for one year from the test date.
Please contact the RMIT Vietnam Student Recruitment team for more information.
(*) Fixed Fees Program: for first semester students who would like to fix their course tuition fees for a specified period of a Higher Education degree program. The fixed fee program guards against potential fee increases and currency fluctuations.
- RMIT Vietnam has 3 semesters per year, in each semester you enrol into a maximum of 4 courses. The duration of programs is flexible and can be adapted on an individual basis upon enrolment
- Program fees are priced and invoiced in Vietnam Dong (VND) by semester.
- Payment in other currencies will be converted to VND at the exchange rate on that day. Bank transfer is the preferred method of payment.
- The USD fee noted above is to be used as a guide only. The USD fee is quoted to overseas students as per Circular No. 32/2013/TT_NHNN, article 4.16.b.
RMIT will seek accreditation for this program as soon as it is feasible to do so within the accreditation timelines set by Engineers Australia, the accrediting body for all engineering programs in Australian universities.
The Bachelor of Engineering program is delivered through lectures, workshops, projects, group work and industry placements.
Assessments will vary with each course but may include examinations, assignments, reflective journals, in-class tests, laboratory reports and group projects.
Honours is a pathway to higher research degrees and is located at Level 8 of the Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF). An Honours degree provides a distinctive competitive advantage in the international job market.
The Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) at RMIT University Vietnam is a four year program (full-time). It incorporates a Bachelor degree and additional study to develop your research, analytical and communication skills. This type of Honours study is embedded throughout the degree program.
Honours may be also be available in other programs as one year of additional study, which includes a thesis. This type of Honours program is designed for high achieving students with the potential to undertake independent research. Under the general guidance of a supervisor, you will plan, develop, and report on a research project which is aimed at producing practical and theoretical outcomes that build on existing knowledge.