- RMIT Saigon South
Put yourself at the forefront of technological advancement with a degree specialising in the field that has powered the modern world – electrical and electronic engineering. This program encompasses the technological advances in electrical and electronic engineering, with the ‘electrical’ element referring to the larger scale distribution of electricity and ‘electronic’ element referring to smaller scale circuits.
You will learn how to put theory into practice by prototyping electronic designs and building projects through experimentation in the laboratory. You will design and develop systems while working on real-world problems sourced from our research, community and industry partners.
RMIT students have a wealth of practical skills that lead to many career paths. Opportunities include:
Entry level careers
- product development and design
- application engineer
- integrated circuit design engineer
- electrical engineering
- project officer/manager
- technology consultant
Long term career pathways
- principal engineer
- advanced/specialist engineer
- engineering manager
- engineering director
- chief technology officer
- chief executive officer
- The Bachelor of Engineering program is delivered through lectures, workshops, projects, group work and industry placements.
- Assessments will vary with each course but may include examinations, assignments, reflective journals, in-class tests, laboratory reports and group projects.
Students can choose standard fee or fixed fee program. Payments can be made each semester, on a course-by-course basis.
Standard tuition fee 2019
- Annual tuition fee: 6,997 USD (indicative USD fee) ~ 163,593,000 VND (based on full time study load - 8 courses)
- Whole program fee: 27,989 USD (indicative USD fee) ~ 654,372,000 VND (32 courses - 384 credits)
Fixed fee 2019
- Annual tuition fee*: 7,689 USD (indicative USD fee) ~ 179,773,250 VND (based on full time study load - 8 courses)
- Whole program fee*: 30,757 USD (indicative USD fee) ~ 719,093,000 VND (32 courses - 384 credits)
(*) Fixed Fees are offered to brand new students who would like to fix their course tuition fees for a specified period of a Higher Education degree program. The fixed fee program guards against potential fee increases and currency fluctuations. All fees noted above with * are fixed fees, and are correct for 2019.
- The duration of programs is flexible and can be adapted on an individual basis upon enrolment.
- Program fees are priced and invoiced in Vietnam Dong (VND).
- Payment in other currencies will be converted to VND at the exchange rate on that day. Bank transfer is the preferred method of payment.
- The fees in USD are ONLY applicable to those international students who arrange for payment from overseas, as per Circular No. 32/2013/TT-NHNN.
- High school graduation diploma with a minimum GPA of 7.0/10.0 for Grade 12, and with a score of 6.0/10.0 or more in Mathematics subject; for other international qualifications please view entry requirements by country; or
- Successfully complete the UniSTART (Engineering) with a minimum GPA of 1.0/4.0
- If you have completed or partially completed a similar program at another institution you may be accepted with some academic credit, or exemptions, being granted toward this program.
Successfully complete RMIT English Advanced or complete one of the following English proficiency tests:
- IELTS (Academic) 6.5+ (no band below 6.0)
- TOEFL iBT 79+ (with minimum score of 13 in Reading, 12 in Listening, 18 in Speaking and 21 in Writing)
- Pearson Test of English (Academic) 58+ (no communication band below 50)
- Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE) or Proficiency (CPE) 176+ (no band below 169)
For other international English entry requirements, please view English equivalency requirements.
Note: TOEFL, IELTS, Pearson and Cambridge results are recognised for two years from the test date. RMIT English results are recognised for one year from the test date.
Please contact the RMIT Vietnam Student Recruitment team for more information.
Honours is a pathway to higher research degrees and is located at Level 8 of the Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF). An Honours degree provides a distinctive competitive advantage in the international job market.
The Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) at RMIT University Vietnam is a four year program (full-time). It incorporates a Bachelor degree and additional study to develop your research, analytical and communication skills. This type of Honours study is embedded throughout the degree program.
Honours may be also be available in other programs as one year of additional study, which includes a thesis. This type of Honours program is designed for high achieving students with the potential to undertake independent research. Under the general guidance of a supervisor, you will plan, develop, and report on a research project which is aimed at producing practical and theoretical outcomes that build on existing knowledge.
ABB Vietnam is part of ABB Group, a pioneering technology leader in power grids, electrification products, industrial automation and robotics and motion, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport and infrastructure globally. Our engagement with RMIT provides access to qualified candidates and helps us to understand young people’s needs. It connects us to young workers. Every year, we have hundreds of entrylevel opportunities open worldwide, and extraordinary learning possibilities through our graduate programs. Our dynamic work setting combines cutting-edge technology, inspiring projects and a multicultural workforce. It’s an excellent springboard for your career.
Hien Doan Van - Managing Director, Electrification Products Division, ABB
From a current student...
I first came to RMIT to improve my English but then chose to study engineering so that I could continue my previous program. I had studied for two years in South Korea. In South Korea, my program was dedicated more to memorisation. Also, the teacherstudent relationship was a very serious and solemn one. At RMIT, I get to do more projects, and the teachers are always ready to help. They personally care about me and my progress. Now that I’m able to build many projects from scratch, I feel much more confident about entering the workforce and becoming an engineer
Park Su Young