- RMIT Saigon South
Pursue your passion for storytelling and content creation in this brand-new program – the first of its kind in Vietnam.
Never before has there been so much demand in Vietnam for original digital film and video content. Employers are constantly searching for talented and qualified professionals to create adverts, music videos, web series and features for YouTube, Facebook, TV, mobile and web, plus small and large screens.
RMIT's new Bachelor of Digital Film and Video will prepare you for success in this exciting industry. The program covers three strands:
- how to build a story (screenwriting, directing, producing);
- how to create content (camerawork, lighting, editing);
- how to understand narrative (themes and genres).
An experienced international team of academics and practitioners will help you to develop your creative and technical skills in our new Media Studio, editing suites and high-end computer labs.
In your final year, you will use all of your new skills to produce a major film or video as part of a final project. Joining a Flagship Internship with a real-life employer will help you to make a smooth transition into the world of creative work.
This program will prepare you for an exciting range of creative careers, including:
- digital content developer
- online/mobile/social media creative
- director of photography
- production manager
- studio manager
- Teaching methods include tutorials, workshops, demonstrations and special seminars by experienced film and video professionals.
- Ongoing assessment throughout the program includes individual and group exercises and assignments, analytical reports, essays, technical activities and presentations, studio-based project work.
Students will have use of our brand-new Media Studio, which is fully equipped with lighting, camera and editing equipment. Other modern facilities and equipment include video editing suites, high-definition Mac laboratories, digital SLR cameras and digital audio recorders.
You can study for one or two semesters at one of our 200-plus partner universities worldwide.
High school graduation diploma with a minimum GPA of 7.0/10.0 for Grade 12 (for other international qualifications, please view entry requirements by country).
If you have completed or partially completed a similar program at another institution, you may be accepted with some academic credit or exemptions being granted toward this program.
Successfully complete RMIT English Advanced or complete one of the following English proficiency tests:
IELTS (Academic) 6.5+ (no band below 6.0)
TOEFL iBT 79+ (with minimum score of 13 in Reading, 12 in Listening, 18 in Speaking and 21 in Writing)
Pearson Test of English (Academic) 58+ (no communication band below 50)
Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE) or Proficiency (CPE) 176+ (no band below 169)
For other international English entry requirements, please view English equivalency requirements.
Note: TOEFL, IELTS, Pearson and Cambridge results are recognised for two years from the test date. RMIT English results are recognised for one year from the test date.
Candidates for this program will be required to submit a one-minute video to support their application, with the video topic to be determined by the School of Communication & Design.
Please contact our consultants for more information.
You can choose between the standard tuition fee or the fixed-fee program. Payments are made each semester on a course-by-course basis.
Standard tuition fee 2020
Annual tuition fee: 12,838 USD (indicative USD fee) ~ 300,154,000 VND (based on full-time study load – 8 courses)
Whole program fee: 38,514 USD (indicative USD fee) ~ 900,463,000 VND (21 courses – 288 credits)
Annual tuition fee*: 13,408 USD (indicative USD fee) ~ 313,474,000 VND (based on full-time study load – 8 courses)
Whole program fee*: 40,223 USD (indicative USD fee) ~ 940,423,000 VND (21 courses – 288 credits)
(*) Fixed fees are offered to new students who would like to fix their course tuition fees for a specified period of a higher education degree program. The fixed-fee program guards against potential fee increases and currency fluctuations. All fees noted above with * are fixed fees, and are correct for 2020.
- The duration of programs is flexible and can be adapted on an individual basis upon enrolment.
- Program fees are priced and invoiced in Vietnam Dong (VND).
- Payment in other currencies will be converted to VND at the exchange rate on that day. Bank transfer is the preferred method of payment.
- The fees in USD are ONLY applicable to those international students who arrange for payment from overseas, as per Circular No. 32/2013/TT-NHNN.