Bring your passion and creativity to RMIT and become a successful design professional who can make a difference.
Our new program is informed by industry experts and the latest design trends, so you can be sure that what you learn is relevant and up-to-date.
RMIT’s Bachelor of Design Studies initially offers a broad foundation to your design education, followed by a year of specialisation and experimentation, culminating in project work that gives you a portfolio to impress future employers.
Study our new program at RMIT and you will become a confident design professional who is work-ready, global in outlook and competence, environmentally aware, and socially responsible.
Design will become a growing priority in consumer and enterprise companies, and professionals in this field will be highly sought after.
Ref: Robert Walters salary survey 2017 (Vietnam)
Demand for qualified design professionals in Vietnam already far exceeds supply. Digitalisation and a rapidly changing market are demanding a new breed of designers, and career opportunities include:
- Graphic design
- App. development
- Multimedia & animation
- Web design
- Brand identity development
- Retail & exhibition design
- Social media content production
- Art/creative direction
- Motion graphics design
- UX experience design
- Virtual/augmented reality design.
Specialise and succeed. Our flexible program offers a world of opportunities. You can choose one or two specialisations (disciplines) from the following areas:
- Graphics & Visual Communication
- Illustration & Imaging
- Environment & Interiors
- Mixed Reality
Each specialisation has three learning components: theory, skills, and project work.
Graphics & Visual Communication: Engage with all areas of graphic design - from idea generation and development, to communicating the end product to your clients.
Illustration & Imaging: Develop digital drawing skills; learn theories, and generate ideas to produce high-end digital imaging.
Environments & Interiors: Explore spatial ideas and creative practice using computer software to draw, design and create. Design for different environments including interiors, exteriors, public spaces, and more.
Fashion: Learn the fundamentals of fashion design - idea creation, experimentation with fabrics and form, and production. Develop hands-on skills, and become an expert in fashion branding.
Mixed Reality: Develop projects using the latest digital media such as AR (augmented reality) and VR (virtual reality), while discovering and utilising evolving technologies.
Click here to find out more about your courses
The Bachelor of Design Studies places strong emphasis on collaborative learning approaches through design studios, workshops and workplace learning. Your final year project will creatively demonstrate, through design, an ethical approach and innovative outcomes to topics affecting Vietnam, such as social and environmental sustainability, and economic change.
Assessment methods include creative responses to design briefs, design projects, research, group presentations, essays, and examinations.
RMIT Design students enjoy modern teaching spaces with access to audio and video production studios, design-enabled computer labs, 3D printing resources and one of the best English language libraries for design in Southeast Asia. You will also be given the opportunity to explore a range of new and emerging design technologies in the fields of AR (augmented reality) and VR (virtual reality).
You can study for one or two semesters in RMIT Melbourne (in your second year) or at one of our 200+ partner universities worldwide.
- High school graduation diploma with a minimum GPA of 7.0/10.0 for Grade 12, for other international qualifications please view entry requirements by country ; or
- Successfully complete the UniSTART (Design Studies) with a minimum GPA of 1.0/4.0 with no double fail of a course; or
- If you have completed or partially completed a similar program at another institution you may be accepted with some academic credit, or exemptions, being granted toward this program.
Successfully complete RMIT English Advanced or complete one of the following English proficiency tests:
- IELTS (Academic) 6.5+ (no band below 6.0)
- TOEFL iBT 92+ (no band below 20)
- Pearson Test of English (Academic) 58+ (no communication band below 50)
- Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE) or Proficiency (CPE) 176+ (no band below 169)
For other international English entry requirements, please view English equivalency requirements.
Note: TOEFL, IELTS, Pearson and Cambridge results are recognised for two years from the test date. RMIT English results are recognised for one year from the test date.
Please contact the RMIT Vietnam Student Recruitment team for more information.
Students can choose standard fee or fixed fee program. Payments can be made each semester, on a course-by-course basis.
- Annual tuition fee: 11,262 USD ~ 257,337,667 VND (based on full time study load - 8 courses)
- Whole program fee: 33,786 USD ~ 772,013,000 VND (22 courses - 288 credits)
- Annual tuition fee*: 12,037 USD ~ 275,040,000 VND (based on full time study load - 8 courses)
- Whole program fee*: 36,110 USD ~ 825,120,000 VND (22 courses - 288 credits)
(*) Fixed Fees are offered to brand new students who would like to fix their course tuition fees for a specified period of a Higher Education degree program. The fixed fee program guards against potential fee increases and currency fluctuations. All fees noted above with * are fixed fees, and are correct for 2018.
- The duration of programs is flexible and can be adapted on an individual basis upon enrolment.
- Program fees are priced and invoiced in Vietnam Dong (VND).
- Payment in other currencies will be converted to VND at the exchange rate on that day. Bank transfer is the preferred method of payment.
- The USD fee noted above is to be used as a guide only. The USD fee is quoted to overseas students as per Circular No. 32/2013/TT_NHNN, article 4.16.b.
“RMIT’s design students are creative and passionate. Our new program builds on these skills to ensure our students develop the technical ability, confidence and professionalism needed for a successful career in design.
We teach our students to be ethical and flexible professionals who can produce innovative design outcomes for their clients, and become future leaders in their field.”
Academic staff, Design Studies