- RMIT Saigon South
Develop your creativity and gain the skills and knowledge to work at the forefront of Southeast Asia’s expanding and innovative design industry with the Bachelor of Design (Digital Media).
This program is for students who have a passion for design technology and the 'magic' that it can perform, such as visual effects.
The design landscape is in an ongoing state of flux, with new technologies emerging almost daily.
These technologies are connected in multiple ways and serve multiple disciplines, including design, visual effects and game design. Software, therefore, is a profoundly flexible medium, capable of being used in many ways.
In this program, you will become familiar with a range of creative software and hardware. Importantly, you will learn how to think visually and in a manner designed to offer unique solutions to visual problems.
Our digital studios are well-equipped and our international lecturers have a wide range of experience in a number of industries.
You will be prepared for many exciting careers in areas including:
- media production
- audio/video post-production
- web and information design
- interactive game development
- visual effects
- 2D and 3D motion graphics
- 3D modelling and animation
- event/stage design
- Teaching methods include face-to-face delivery, studios, design labs, tutorials, classes, workshops and industry seminars. Student achievement in the program is measured by methods including creative responses to design briefs, media production projects, research, group presentations, essays and examinations.
- Student achievement in the program is measured by methods including creative responses to design briefs, media production projects, research, group presentations, essays and examinations.
- High school graduation diploma with a minimum GPA of 7.0/10.0 for Grade 12, for other international qualifications please view entry requirements by country; or
- Successfully complete the UniSTART (Digital Media) with a minimum GPA of 1.0/4.0 with no double fail of a course
- If you have completed or partially completed a similar program at another institution you may be accepted with some academic credit, or exemptions, being granted toward this program.
Successfully complete RMIT English Advanced or complete one of the following English proficiency tests:
- IELTS (Academic) 6.5+ (no band below 6.0)
- TOEFL iBT 79+ (with minimum score of 13 in Reading, 12 in Listening, 18 in Speaking and 21 in Writing)
- Pearson Test of English (Academic) 58+ (no communication band below 50)
- Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE) or Proficiency (CPE) 176+ (no band below 169)
For other international English entry requirements, please view English equivalency requirements.
Note: TOEFL, IELTS, Pearson and Cambridge results are recognised for two years from the test date. RMIT English results are recognised for one year from the test date.
Please contact the RMIT Vietnam Student Recruitment team for more information.
Students can choose standard fee or fixed fee program. Payments can be made each semester, on a course-by-course basis.
Standard tuition fee 2019
- Annual tuition fee: 11,887 USD (indicative USD fee) ~ 277,920,000 VND (based on full time study load - 8 courses)
- Whole program fee: 35,661 USD (indicative USD fee) ~833,760,000 VND (24 courses - 288 credits)
Fixed fee 2019
- Annual tuition fee*: 12,705 USD (indicative USD fee) ~ 297,043,000 VND (based on full time study load - 8 courses)
- Whole program fee*: 38,115 USD (indicative USD fee) ~ 891,130,000 VND (24 courses - 288 credits)
(*) Fixed Fees are offered to brand new students who would like to fix their course tuition fees for a specified period of a Higher Education degree program. The fixed fee program guards against potential fee increases and currency fluctuations. All fees noted above with * are fixed fees, and are correct for 2019.
- The duration of programs is flexible and can be adapted on an individual basis upon enrolment.
- Program fees are priced and invoiced in Vietnam Dong (VND).
- Payment in other currencies will be converted to VND at the exchange rate on that day. Bank transfer is the preferred method of payment.
- The fees in USD are ONLY applicable to those international students who arrange for payment from overseas, as per Circular No. 32/2013/TT-NHNN.
Rice & Partners focuses on content marketing and specialises in video production. I’m on the industry committee with the School of Communication & Design. I’ve previously done workshops with students and I’ve been a guest speaker in classes. We have several full-time interns from RMIT. Youth development is very important in our company, as we believe that talented people should be nurtured early in their careers. During our class involvement, the students have been eager to engage, ask questions and see our case studies.
Executive Producer, Rice & Partners
I’m now working as a graphic design teacher. When I look back on my university life, I feel grateful. I learned a lot from the dedicated teachers. There are teachers who specialise in different fields, so I had the chance to experience other creative subjects before choosing to focus on one. My RMIT experience wasn’t just a composition of lessons; it was a composition of people. They really made it come alive!
Graphic Designer, Huy Ta Design, and Founder, Design Anthropology School
The program includes a wide variety of fields. Exposure to different media, such as photography, sound and graphic design, gives me the chance to figure out what I’m interested in pursuing further. The structure follows a real-life workflow. For my internship, the thing that stands out is how condensed time is. A week in class equates to a day in the workplace. Being an intern is useful for getting a feel for the real working environment.