Develop your creativity and gain the skills and knowledge to work at the forefront of Southeast Asia’s expanding and innovative design industry with the Bachelor of Design (Digital Media).
Organisations increasingly rely on the expertise of designers to communicate with their audiences, and employers require creative individuals with technical skills and design sense who can use visual communication and digital media to build and promote their businesses.
As a Bachelor of Design (Digital Media) student you will learn about design communication in entertainment, media, technology, business, and more - in fact designers are innovators in every industry.
Our courses ensure you have the chance to put what you have learned in the classroom into practice by using your creative, conceptual, and technical skills, and a hands-on work placement in our Flagship Internship gives you invaluable experience in a real-world situation.
Digital media and design professionals are in demand, as corporations large and small have an ever expanding online presence. Opportunities are diverse, and can be found in advertising, film, television, animation, Internet development and mobile technologies.
You will be ready to take on roles that are changing the face of visual communication, including:
- Advertising and media production
- Audio/video production and post-production
- Digital media management
- Digital strategist/planner
- E-commerce, marketing and business
- Information architecture design
- Interactive game development
- Motion design and special effects
- Software development (interface and interaction design)
- 3D modelling and animation
- Visual merchandising
- Web design and internet application development.
- Teaching methods include face-to-face delivery, studios, design labs, tutorials, classes, workshops and industry seminars. Student achievement in the program is measured by methods including creative responses to design briefs, media production projects, research, group presentations, essays and examinations.
- Student achievement in the program is measured by methods including creative responses to design briefs, media production projects, research, group presentations, essays and examinations.
- High school graduation diploma with a minimum GPA of 7.0/10.0 for Grade 12, for other international qualifications please view entry requirements by country; or
- Successfully complete the UniSTART (Digital Media) with a minimum GPA of 1.0/4.0 with no double fail of a course
- If you have completed or partially completed a similar program at another institution you may be accepted with some academic credit, or exemptions, being granted toward this program.
Successfully complete RMIT English Advanced or complete one of the following English proficiency tests:
- IELTS (Academic) 6.5+ (no band below 6.0)
- TOEFL iBT 92+ (no band below 20)
- Pearson Test of English (Academic) 58+ (no communication band below 50)
- Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE) or Proficiency (CPE) 176+ (no band below 169)
For other international English entry requirements, please view English equivalency requirements.
Note: TOEFL, IELTS, Pearson and Cambridge results are recognised for two years from the test date. RMIT English results are recognised for one year from the test date.
Please contact the RMIT Vietnam Student Recruitment team for more information.
Students can choose standard fee or fixed fee program. Payments can be made each semester, on a course-by-course basis.
- Annual tuition fee: 11,262 USD ~ 257,337,667 VND (based on full time study load - 8 courses)
- Whole program fee: 33,786 USD ~ 772,013,000 VND (18 courses - 288 credits)
- Annual tuition fee*: 12,037 USD ~ 275,040,000 VND (based on full time study load - 8 courses)
- Whole program fee*: 36,110 USD ~ 825,120,000 VND (18 courses - 288 credits)
(*) Fixed Fees are offered to brand new students who would like to fix their course tuition fees for a specified period of a Higher Education degree program. The fixed fee program guards against potential fee increases and currency fluctuations. All fees noted above with * are fixed fees, and are correct for 2018.
- The duration of programs is flexible and can be adapted on an individual basis upon enrolment.
- Program fees are priced and invoiced in Vietnam Dong (VND).
- Payment in other currencies will be converted to VND at the exchange rate on that day. Bank transfer is the preferred method of payment.
- The USD fee noted above is to be used as a guide only. The USD fee is quoted to overseas students as per Circular No. 32/2013/TT_NHNN, article 4.16.b.
Current students and alumni
Bachelor of Design (Digital Media)
“When I was a student, I was encouraged and inspired to explore the vast world of creativity in width and in depth. The knowledge I gained gave me a firm ground to be both creative and critical - the two most important mindsets for any career.
Bachelor of Design (Digital Media)
Scriptwriter & Director, YOLO Pictures