- RMIT Saigon South
- RMIT Hanoi
Vietnam is emerging as a major force in the global marketplace, driven by new industries, businesses and investment opportunities. With this growth, however, comes significant economic challenges, and skilled professionals with a deep understanding of economics and finance are vital to maintaining Vietnam’s future prosperity.
RMIT Vietnam’s Bachelor of Business (Economics and Finance) prepares you with the necessary skills, knowledge and critical thinking to solve these complex problems, and to contribute to Vietnam’s economic future. The program equips you with the skills and knowledge to perform high-level financial and economic analyses, and you will learn how to communicate effectively with clients and colleagues. In addition to your core studies, you will be able to choose four courses to suit your career needs or personal interests.
The RMIT difference: Take advantage of studying in our Financial Trading Lab, where you can practice real-time trading simulations.
Economics and finance skills are widely transferrable, so career opportunities are interesting and diverse. You can take on various roles, including:
- Business development
- Business support analyst
- Cost/Buying controller
- Financial analyst
- Funds management
- Risk analysis
- Taxation consultant.
- High school graduation diploma with a minimum GPA of 7.0/10.0 for Grade 12, for other international qualifications please view entry requirements by country; or
- Successfully complete the UniSTART for Business with a minimum GPA of 1.0/4.0 with no double fail of a course
- If you have completed or partially completed a similar program at another institution you may be accepted with some academic credit, or exemptions, being granted toward this program.
Successfully complete RMIT English Advanced or complete one of the following English proficiency tests:
- IELTS (Academic) 6.5+ (no band below 6.0)
- TOEFL iBT 92+ (no band below 20)
- Pearson Test of English (Academic) 58+ (no communication band below 50)
- Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE) or Proficiency (CPE) 176+ (no band below 169)
For other international English entry requirements, please view English equivalency requirements.
Note: TOEFL, IELTS, Pearson and Cambridge results are recognised for two years from the test date. RMIT English results are recognised for one year from the test date.
Please contact the RMIT Vietnam Student Recruitment team for more information.
(*) Fixed Fees Program: for first semester students who would like to fix their course tuition fees for a specified period of a Higher Education degree program. The fixed fee program guards against potential fee increases and currency fluctuations.
- RMIT Vietnam has 3 semesters per year, in each semester you enrol into a maximum of 4 courses. The duration of programs is flexible and can be adapted on an individual basis upon enrolment.
- Program fees are priced and invoiced in Vietnam Dong (VND) by semester.
- Payment in other currencies will be converted to VND at the exchange rate on that day. Bank transfer is the preferred method of payment.
- The USD fee noted above is to be used as a guide only. The USD fee is quoted to overseas students as per Circular No. 32/2013/TT_NHNN, article 4.16.b.
This bachelor degree is a 3 year full-time program.
Teaching methods include face-to-face delivery, tutorials, classes, workshops and industry seminars.
Students' achievements in the program are measured by various methods including assignments, research, case study analysis, group presentations and examinations.
"Because of the practical experiences that my lecturers shared, I’m now more mature in my thinking. I’m able to build up multiple perspectives on stocks and finance opportunities, and able to have an indepth understanding of the strategies in risk management to obtain profitable investments."
Quach Gia Huy, Bachelor of Business (Economics and Finance)