- RMIT Saigon South
- RMIT Hanoi City
Vietnam is emerging as a major force in the global marketplace, driven by the growth of new industries, businesses and investment.
As such development also brings significant economic challenges, the expertise of professionals in economics and finance is required across the public and private sectors to help maintain Vietnam’s future prosperity.
This program prepares you with the necessary knowledge and skills, including in critical thinking, to solve the complex problems and chart the country’s economic outlook.
You will learn how to perform high-level financial and economic analyses. The development of a wide range of soft skills will prepare you to communicate effectively with clients and professional colleagues.
In addition to your core studies, you can choose four elective courses to tailor your studies to your career needs or personal interests.
Economics and finance skills are widely transferrable, so career opportunities are interesting and diverse. You can take on various roles, including:
- business developer
- business support analyst
- cost/buying controller
- financial analyst
- funds manager
- risk analyst
- taxation consultant
- Teaching methods include face-to-face delivery, tutorials, classes, workshops and industry seminars.
- Students' achievements in the program are measured by various methods including assignments, research, case study analysis, group presentations and examinations.
- High school graduation diploma with a minimum GPA of 7.0/10.0 for Grade 12, for other international qualifications please view entry requirements by country; or
- Successfully complete the UniSTART for Business with a minimum GPA of 1.0/4.0 with no double fail of a course
- If you have completed or partially completed a similar program at another institution you may be accepted with some academic credit, or exemptions, being granted toward this program.
Successfully complete RMIT English Advanced or complete one of the following English proficiency tests:
- IELTS (Academic) 6.5+ (no band below 6.0)
- TOEFL iBT 79+ (with minimum score of 13 in Reading, 12 in Listening, 18 in Speaking and 21 in Writing)
- Pearson Test of English (Academic) 58+ (no communication band below 50)
- Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE) or Proficiency (CPE) 176+ (no band below 169)
For other international English entry requirements, please view English equivalency requirements.
Note: TOEFL, IELTS, Pearson and Cambridge results are recognised for two years from the test date. RMIT English results are recognised for one year from the test date.
Please contact the RMIT Vietnam Student Recruitment team for more information.
Students can choose standard fee or fixed fee program. Payments can be made each semester, on a course-by-course basis.
Standard tuition fee 2019
- Annual tuition fee: 11,589 USD ~ 277,920,000 VND (based on full time study load - 8 courses)
- Whole program fee: 34,769 USD ~833,760,000 VND (24 courses - 288 credits)
Fixed fee 2019
- Annual tuition fee*: 12,387 USD ~ 297,043,000 VND (based on full time study load - 8 courses)
- Whole program fee*: 37,161 USD ~ 891,130,000 VND (24 courses - 288 credits)
(*) Fixed Fees are offered to brand new students who would like to fix their course tuition fees for a specified period of a Higher Education degree program. The fixed fee program guards against potential fee increases and currency fluctuations. All fees noted above with * are fixed fees, and are correct for 2019.
- The duration of programs is flexible and can be adapted on an individual basis upon enrolment.
- Program fees are priced and invoiced in Vietnam Dong (VND).
- Payment in other currencies will be converted to VND at the exchange rate on that day. Bank transfer is the preferred method of payment.
- The fees in USD are ONLY applicable to those international students who arrange for payment from overseas, as per Circular No. 32/2013/TT-NHNN.