Vietnam is emerging as a major player in the global market with the development of new industries, businesses, and investment opportunities. With this growth, however, come significant economic challenges, and skilled professionals with a deep understanding of economics and finance are vital to maintaining Vietnam’s future prosperity.
This program trains you to solve these complex problems and to perform high-level financial and economic analysis. You will be equipped with the business and communication skills that are in high demand in any business profession.
Graduates can expect to work in accounting practices, banking, stock broking, insurance or funds management and opportunities are available in both private and public sector organisations. You can take on various roles including:
- Business development officer
- Business support analyst
- Buying controller
- Cost controller
- Financial analyst
- Tax advisor
- Tax consultant
There are three ways to meet the academic entry requirements for this program:
1. Direct entry to Bachelor of Business (Economics and Finance)
- High school graduation diploma with a minimum GPA of 7.0/10.0 for Grade 12
- For other international qualifications please view entry requirements by country
Successfully complete RMIT English Advanced Plus or complete one of the following English proficiency tests:
- IELTS (Academic) 6.5+ (no band below 6.0)
- TOEFL iBT 92+ (no band below 20)
- Pearson Test of English (Academic) 58+ (no communication band below 50)
- Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE) or Proficiency (CPE) 176+ (no band below 169)
For other international English entry requirements, please view English equivalency requirements
Note: TOEFL, IELTS, Pearson and Cambridge results are recognised for two years from the test date. RMIT English results are recognised for one year from the test date.
2. Articulation from RMIT Vietnam pathway programs
- Successfully complete the UniSTART for Business with a minimum GPA of 1.0/4.0 with no double fail of a course
3. Articulation from other institutions
Applicants who have successfully completed a Diploma or Advanced Diploma with a cumulative GPA of 2.0 out of 4.0 or equivalent from one of RMIT Vietnam's partner institutions (Kent College, College of Economics, College of Foreign Economic Relations) can transfer to a Bachelor of Business program and receive the following credits:
- Higher education diploma: Credit for four to eight elective courses depending on circumstances
- Higher education advanced diploma: Credit for four to ten elective courses depending on circumstances
English requirements: Students articulating from partner institutions must meet the same English requirements as those applying for direct entry.
Please contact the RMIT Vietnam Student Recruitment team for more information.
(*) Fixed Fees Program: for first semester students who would like to fix their course tuition fees for a specified period of a Higher Education degree program. The fixed fee program guards against potential fee increases and currency fluctuations.
- RMIT Vietnam has 3 semesters per year, in each semester you enrol into a maximum of 4 courses. The duration of programs is flexible and can be adapted on an individual basis upon enrolment.
- Program fees are priced and invoiced in Vietnam Dong (VND) by semester.
- Payment in other currencies will be converted to VND at the exchange rate on that day. Bank transfer is the preferred method of payment.
- The USD fee noted above is to be used as a guide only. The USD fee is quoted to overseas students as per Circular No. 32/2013/TT_NHNN, article 4.16.b.
This bachelor degree is a 3 year full-time program.
Teaching methods include face-to-face delivery, tutorials, classes, workshops and industry seminars.
Students' achievements in the program are measured by various methods including assignments, research, case study analysis, group presentations and examinations.
"Because of the practical experiences that my lecturers shared, I’m now more mature in my thinking. I’m able to build up multiple perspectives on stocks and finance opportunities, and able to have an indepth understanding of the strategies in risk management to obtain profitable investments."
Quach Gia Huy, Bachelor of Business (Economics and Finance)