We’re switching to Office 365. It means your Gmail will move to Microsoft Outlook.
8 July 2019.
Why are we moving?
- Besides Outlook, you will have complete access to the latest versions of other Office 365 software. You won’t have to source and download older versions any more.
- You will be able to collaborate easily in real time or offline for your group projects.
- You can access your email and calendar wherever you are as long as there’s internet connection, including where Google apps are not accessible i.e. China.
- Last but not least, most workplaces use Office 365 software. Using this now will help you become more employable by the time you graduate.
What will happen?
- Your RMIT email address and password stay the same.
- You can still access Google Drive and other Google Applications and use them to collaborate and store all your files.
- You will now have another option for collaborative works by using Microsoft Office applications (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) and storing your files in OneDrive.
- Once Outlook is available, your Gmail account will stop receiving new mail, but you can still log into Gmail and view your old emails.
- You will have all of your emails as they will be moved from Gmail to Outlook. The last 90 days of your email history will be in your inbox straight away. The rest of your email history will follow within one week.
- Your calendar appointments will be moved across, but if you experience any issues you can contact ITS for support.
What will I get?
- Outlook email and calendar
- Other Microsoft Office applications such as Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Teams and OneDrive
Where can I get help?
- This Office 365 Support Page will be updated with step-by-step setup guides to help you through the migration.
- Our Office 365 ambassadors will provide you with basic setup, troubleshooting support, and share with you tips to make the most out of Office 365. More information will be provided.
- Office cheat sheet
- Office 365 Training Center
- RMIT Vietnam FAQ