RMIT Vietnam photo contest and auction raised 5,000 USD for Loreto Vietnam, a charity organisation supporting underpriviledged children in Ho Chi Minh City and surrounding areas.
The Photo Contest 2009 was co-hosted by RMIT Vietnam Alumni Association, RMIT Vietnam Photography Club and Work, Careers and Lifelong Learning Unit.
The event was sponsored by Khoi Nguyen Printing and Packaging Co. Ltd. (platinum) and HSBC (gold).
Prize-winning photos are:
- First prize: A lost habit by Huynh Van Khoi Nguyen
- Second prize and President's Choice: On the way to the market by Huynh Ba Loc
- Third prize: Welcome to the buzz by Nguyen Truong Thien Son
- Best concept: Refreshment by Tran Cao Nguyen
- Most potential 1: Buffalo by Casey Scholz
- Most potential 2: An easy life by Nguyen Thi Huong Tra
The organisers of this event would like to send grateful thanks to the artists who contributed their works to the contest and auction, bidders, and sponsors.