RMIT Vietnam NewsOne stop shop for all student support services

One stop shop for all student support services

Friday, August 21, 2015 - 09:39
Mr. Dung Nguyen (middle) and Student Centre staff of Saigon South campus.
Opening Day in Hanoi
Opening Day in Saigon South campus.

RMIT Vietnam recently established the Student Centre, a one-stop shop to help students find the information and services they need. 

“In the past, students had to go to different locations and departments in order to address and solve their problems,” explained Dung Nguyen, RMIT Vietnam Manager of Student Centre.

“Now, students can just come to Student Centre to get answers for all questions about their life at RMIT, their studies, RMIT policies, and other issues.”

“It’s a one-stop shop for students, so they can come to us for any kind of inquiries, concerns, or even complaints,” Dung added.

Student Centre officially opened in Hanoi and Saigon South campuses on 21st and 24th July 2015, respectively.

Dung elaborated on the new Student Centre’s responsibilities and commitments: “We plan to handle 75% of the students’ questions at site and refer the remaining 25% to relevant departments.

However, even for referral cases, we will be responsible for ensuring that these cases are resolved by the relevant departments within the agreed timeline.”

Mr. Dung noted the difference between Student Centre and Student Services division: “Student Centre is now the front line of Student Services. We will provide students with all information and support them to access to all current services at RMIT Vietnam,” he said.

Bachelor of Accountancy student Hanh Ta, who volunteered at Student Centre Opening Day, was excited about the establishment of the new Student Centre.

“This is a great place for RMIT students who need any kind of helps,” he said. “It will be much easier since we don't have to go running around the whole campus trying to find the right department to solve a concern.”

Student Centre opens from Monday to Friday (8.00am–6.00pm) and Saturday (9.00am–5.00pm at Saigon South; 8.00am–12.00pm in Hanoi).

Students can visit the official Facebook account of Student Centre for more information.