FAQs about working at RMIT Vietnam

FAQs about working at RMIT Vietnam

General questions

Q. What do I need to include in my application?
A. The application requirements are outlined on the job advertisement.

Q. Where do I find the key selection criteria and how long should my response be?
A. You'll find the Key Selection Criteria within the Job Description, attached to the job advertisement. Your response should be no more than 1 A4 page – but remember the quality it more important than the quanity.

Q. What is the recruitment timeline? How long will it be before I know if I am shortlisted for an interview?
A. All going well, we will let you know approximately 2-3 weeks after the closing date of the advertisement for the position. We will let you know if you have been shortlisted, and aim to conduct interviews within 4 weeks of the closing date.

Q. How will I know if RMIT Vietnam has received my application?
A. When you submit your, you will receive an auto-response email, confirming that we have received your application. If you did not get this automated response, then your application has not been submitted.

English Proficiency

Q: I have an IELTS from a few years ago, is that OK?
A: English Proficiency testing must have been completed within the past 24 months.

Q: Can you help me?
A: If you are unsure of your current level of English Proficiency, RMIT Vietnam will provide opportunities for you to undertake English competency testing if you are shortlisted for the position.

Q: What are the English Proficiency Standards
A: You can read more information here.

Foreign Candidates

Q: If I am successful and am not a Vietnamese national, will I be supported in obtaining a work permit and relevant visas?
A: Yes. RMIT Vietnam will support your work permit and visa applications, and reimburse you for reasonable expenses upon the presentation of receipts.

Q: Will RMIT Vietnam pay for my spouse and dependants' visas and airfares?
A: We are happy to support you in organising visas and airfares for your spouse and/or children. However, the cost of these will be covered by you.

Q: What documents do I need to obtain to get a visa and work permit?
A: The Vietnamese Government Requirements page has a list of all the documents you will need for your specific situation.

Q: What support will RMIT Vietnam offer me to help me settle in?
A: If you are offered a full-time contract for at least 2 years, and need to relocate from overseas, RMIT Vietnam offers you*:

  • a one way airfare to either Ho Chi Minh City or Hanoi
  • USD 5,000 towards relocation expenses
  • airport transfers to your hotel
  • two week's accommodation at a hotel near your new campus
  • international medical insurance and on-site medical car
  • introductions to reliable real estate agents to help you find your new home
  • an induction program to help you settle into your new job
  • assistance with the needs of your spouse or dependants where appropriate
  • assistance and advice on living in Vietnam where required

*If you are not offered a full-time contract, or your contract is for less than two years, or you are not relocating from overseas, relocation assistance will be discussed with you depending in the details of your employment.