RMIT Vietnam welcomes students from our 200+ partner universities worldwide. You can expect an exciting and interesting experience combining academic studies, culture, and the opportunity to travel.
Exchange students nominated by their home institution can study for one or two semesters at RMIT University under a reciprocal student exchange agreement.
At the time of application, you must:
- Be 18 years of age or over.
- Have completed at least one full year of studies at your home institution.
- Be enrolled in an institution that has a reciprocal student exchange agreement with RMIT.
- Check our Student exchange partners list. If your institution is listed, you can apply for a Student Exchange program at RMIT.
- If your home institution does not have an exchange agreement with RMIT you can still study at RMIT via the Study abroad program.
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 out of 4-point scale or 60% average (or equivalent).
- Students completing exchange programs are not required to submit proof of an English language competency. Your home institution will confirm that you have the sufficient level of English as part of your online nomination.
How to apply
Step 1: Select your courses
You can design your Exchange program by selecting courses from across the extensive range of RMIT University’s disciplines, as long as you satisfy the necessary prerequisites based on your academic history at your home institution.
You should select six courses for your first semester of study at RMIT. Please refer to the Course selection guide webpage.
Step 2: Seek nomination by your home institution
- Check whether your home institution is on our list of Student exchange partners. If your home institution does not have an exchange agreement with RMIT you can still study at RMIT via the Study abroad program.
- Talk to your home institution to seek their nomination.
Step 3: Submit your application
Your home institution will inform us of your nomination. We will then provide your institution with all the information and materials you will need to submit an application.
Step 4: Receive an offer
Successful applicants will receive an official RMIT offer letter via email. The offer letter will contain important information about your course requests, your visa and compulsory health insurance.
Step 5: Accept your offer
Follow the instructions on your offer letter to accept your offer and become an RMIT student.
Once we have received your completed Offer Acceptance Form and health insurance payment we will issue your visa invitation letter. You will need a visa invitation letter to apply for your Vietnam student visa.
Tuition fees: Students enrolled in the Exchange Program do not pay tuition fees to RMIT University but continue to pay fees to their home institutions.
International Health insurance: You need to purchase health cover.
International student support: To ensure you have the best experience at RMIT Vietnam as our international students, we offer a wide range of proactive support services and activities prior to departure, upon arrival to Vietnam, during your study, and on completion. We encourage you to get involved and be part of our community along with local Vietnamese students, and staff to make the most of your time in Vietnam. Find out more about our services!
Application Deadlines: All dates are applicable to exchange applications to RMIT Vietnam campuses.
To start in RMIT Vietnam Semester 1 (February - May)
30 October previous year
To start in RMIT Vietnam Semester 2 (June - September)
30 October previous year
To start in RMIT Vietnam Semester 3 (October – January)
31 March current year
Please contact International Office at email@example.com for further information.