Are you are a proud tech geek? Turn your idea into reality with RMIT Vietnam TechGenius 2016 competition presented by the Centre of Technology (CoT).
Kickstarts Vietnam’s Tech Talents
Are you passionate about technology? Do you have an idea that might change the world and support the community? Turn your idea into reality with RMIT TechGenius 2016 competition.
Who can join?
RMIT TechGenius 2016 is open to high school students in Ho Chi Minh City, Binh Duong, Dong Nai and Vung Tau.
How to join
Participating high schools must form a Project Team of 3 students. Each high school assigns a teacher to supervise their Project Team. Your projects must be in one of the following disciplines:
- Information Technology
- Electrical & Electronics Engineering
- Software Engineering
- Robotics & Mechatronics Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
Registration deadline: 5pm Friday 13 May, 2016
- 24/06/2016: Proposal submission deadline
- 02/07/2016: Project Implementation workshop
- 16/09/2016: Project submission deadline
- 02/10/2016: Project Exhibition and presentation
TechGenius 2016 has 3 stages:
- Stage 1: 16/05/2016 to 16/09/2016: Project proposal, design and implementation
- Stage 2: 02/10/2016: Project exhibition at RMIT Vietnam
- Stage 3: 02/10/2016: Three best Project Teams present and demonstrate their projects to compete for prestigious and valuable prizes.
The official language of RMIT TechGenius is English.
TechGenius 2016 has valuable prizes on offer for the best project teams as well as the best high school:
1. Best Project Team
- First Prize: Each member receives a scholarship worth 50% of tuition fee towards a program in RMIT Centre of Technology and an Apple iPad Mini 4.
- Second Prize: Each member receives an Apple iPad Air 2.
- Third Prize: Each member receives an Apple iPad Mini 4.
2. Best Innovative Project
The prize is awarded to a Project Team whose project has the highest potential to make a positive and significant impact on community, environment, and future
technology. Each member receives an Apple iPad Mini 4.
3. Best High School
High school whose Project Team wins the first prize of Best Project Team receives a RMIT TechKit consisting of a projector, a projection screen, and a wireless presenter.
Note: Scholarships can be claimed within 2 years from the announcement date.