At RMIT Vietnam, we value our people and are committed to bringing quality working experience to our employees through excellent working conditions and a wide variety of benefits.
- Competitive salary package
- Salary packaging options for expat staff (salary packaging for children’s school fees and return airfare to home country).
- Flight and relocation allowance to full-time/ part-time expatriate staff employed for at least 24 months from overseas.
- 6 months maternity leave on full salary
- Long service award of cash allowance and paid leave days
- 13th month salary for eligible Vietnamese staff
- Study fee support for staff dependents for undergraduate programs at RMIT Vietnam after initial qualifying period.
- Severance payment for expatriate staff after 12 months of working (upon departure)
RMIT Vietnam is committed to building the capabilities, talent and effectiveness of its staff through professional development (PD) that supports the achievement of RMIT Vietnam’s strategy and the aspirations of individuals. Support is provided to ensure that staff will develop and acquire the necessary skills, knowledge, ability, attitude and behaviour for RMIT Vietnam to achieve its business strategy. Professional development opportunities include:
- Tailored training and programs for managers and staff to support career progression (both internal and external to RMIT)
- Academic professional development week
- English language courses for Vietnamese staff, and Vietnamese language classes for expatriate staff
- Internal research grants for academic staff
Health and Wellbeing
RMIT values and encourages a fit and active lifestyle. If you join RMIT, you can enjoy a range of tools, resources, services and programs that assist you in managing your physical and mental health, including:
Well-equipped sport and recreation facilities
- Fully functional fitness centres at Saigon South and Hanoi campuses with free access to on-site gym, multi-purpose sports hall, tennis courts, sports fields, group exercise studios and a functional training zone.
- A wide range of fitness classes at highly competitive prices, such as Zumba, Yoga, Sh’Bam, Circuit training and many more.
- A variety of sport and recreation events for staff and students, such as Fitness Challenges, X-run, Dare2BFit and many more.
On-site Medical Service
- Free health consultation
- Free immediate treatment for basic ailments
- Fully confidential and private service
Employee Assistance Program
- An independent, free and confidential counselling service for all RMIT staff and their dependents
- Expert guidance and advice across a variety of areas, such as improving family communication, work-life balance, trauma counselling, stress management, anxiety or depression and other difficulties.
RMIT Vietnam provides staff with a range of health insurance benefits, including:
- Full private health insurance for all staff where employment exceeds three months.
- For expatriate staff, comprehensive private health insurance for direct dependents
- For local staff, option to purchase highly competitive health insurance packages for direct dependents.
- Personal accident insurance for all staff
In addition to the national Vietnamese public holidays, RMIT Vietnam provides
- 20 days of fully paid annual leave per year
- 10 days of fully paid sick leave per year
- University holiday on 25 December
- Two additional holidays for expatriate staff of their home country National Day and Traditional New Year
- Extended sick leave for eligible staff
Facilities and resources
RMIT Vietnam offers a high technology-based environment and a wide variety of resources and services including
RMIT Vietnam offers free bus services for staff and students from and to District 1 and the Phu My Hung area.