What is the Study Abroad Program?
The Inbound Study Aboard Program at RMIT University Vietnam is a program for international students whose home university does not have an exchange agreement with RMIT Vietnam, but who are eligible to study at RMIT Vietnam. Hence, students will be required to engage in study on a fee-paying basis. See our list of registered study abroad representatives to see if we have a representative in your country.
Students can choose to study a maximum of two semesters at RMIT Vietnam.
By studying with us, you will have access to our full support services through RMIT Vietnam's International Unit, which includes:
- dedicated support for exchange and study abroad students
- assistance with on-campus accommodation
- free arrival airport transfer
- orientation program
- networking and social events
- 24-hour emergency telephone service
- Assistance understanding entry requirements
Am I eligible?
Probably! Check out our requirements below.
- You must have completed at least one full year of studies at your ‘home’ institution.
- You must have achieved a minimum GPA of 2.5 or 60% (or equivalent) in your studies to date.
- You must meet RMIT’s English language requirements.
- You must be 18 years of age or older at the time of your application.
English language requirements:
- IELTS Academic- 6.0 (no band less than 5.5)
- TOEFL (paper based test) 550+ + (TWE 4.0+)
- TOEFL (Internet- based test) - Overall score 79, minimum 19 in all sections
- RMIT English Worldwide – Advance 1
RMIT Vietnam recognizes other English proficiency tests and qualifications completed in certain countries as proof of English. Postgraduate courses may require higher test results. Contact us to discuss your specific case.
University support services for all students
- Learning Skills Unit
- Clubs and societies
- Career Centre
- Orientation program
- Student advisement
- Internet access
- English programs
Support services for study abroad students
Exchange and study abroad students coming to RMIT Vietnam have a range of accommodation options.
Our on-campus student accommodation at the Saigon South campus is home to over 100 RMIT Vietnam students, managed by a professionally trained and friendly on-site University management team - 24 hours per day, 7 days a week. The residential centre offers you the choice of living on campus knowing you have total security and the best care available. You can select to live in a single studio with en-suite bathroom, or share with others in either a three or five bedroom apartment.
Your apartment will be fully furnished and air-conditioned and your bedroom will come with an in-room safety deposit box, Wi-Fi and access to printer facilities.
Students who want to live off-campus need to arrange their own accommodation but advice and assistance are available at RMIT International Unit and Student Administration.
The RMIT Vietnam International Unit has been established to support all exchange and study abroad students at RMIT Vietnam. Our staff will provide a first point of contact for you throughout your stay and can help you with everything from choosing your courses to catching local buses.
We will also make sure you know where to find the extensive range of services available to all students at RMIT Vietnam.
RMIT Vietnam University - International Student Recruitment
702 Nguyen Van Linh Blvd., District 7, HCMC
Tel. +84 28 3776 1369
Fax: +84 28 3776 1399