As a postgraduate research candidate at RMIT, you will be part of an active research community and have access to a variety of research scholarships to help you pursue excellence in research while furthering your academic and career goals.
Scholarships are awarded on the basis of academic excellence and research potential. The following scholarships are available for RMIT Vietnam PhD candidates:
RMIT Vietnam University scholarship for females enrolling into PhD program (RVSF)
There are two scholarships available each year, funded by RMIT Vietnam for female candidates enrolling into PhD programs.
Value and duration
Applicants who are successful in receiving an RVSF scholarship are not required to pay tuition fees for the maximum duration of their candidature. The standard duration of a research doctorate scholarship is three years full-time. Candidates may apply for an extension of up to six months subject to satisfactory progress and Centre approval.
To be considered for a scholarship, candidates must have:
- The academic entry requirement of a Masters Degree by Research
- English language requirements of an IELTS 6.5 or equivalent
- A strong PhD research proposal - candidates with support from supervisors will receive priority
If you do not hold one of the above qualifications, you will only be considered for a scholarship if you have previous publications or significant research experience.
This scholarship is not applicable to current RMIT employees, current PhD students or former PhD students.
Key dates and how to apply
Applicants applying for a scholarship should submit the application together with the PhD application documents and either send them to firstname.lastname@example.org (as scanned documents) or submit them in person to:
- PhD Program Coordinator,
- PhD Program
- RMIT Vietnam, 702 Nguyen Van Linh Blvd, District 7, Ho Chi Minh city, Vietnam.
Main scholarship round:
- Apply no later than November 30 each year for enrolment in February of the next year (Semester 1) - applications will be accepted until 5.00pm November 30 (local Vietnam time).
- Apply no later than July 31 each year for enrolment in October of the same year (Semester 3) - applications will be accepted until 5.00pm July 31 (local Vietnam time).
All scholarship applications will be ranked based on a ranking model that has been approved by the RMIT Vietnam PhD Enrolment Committee.
Before applying, we recommend you to read carefully our PhD Scholarship terms & conditions.