What is a Master of Business Administration?
A Master of Business Administration, commonly known as an MBA, introduces postgraduate level students to a wide range of advanced business concepts.
There are many types of MBAs. The RMIT Vietnam MBA is a full time, accelerated 1-year program designed for recent graduates with limited work experience and a bachelor degree from a recognised tertiary institution. It has been developed based on industry requirements to give you the necessary tools to accelerate your management career.
An MBA gives you that extra boost to your business understanding, your qualifications, and your confidence.
Who should study an MBA at RMIT Vietnam?
- Did you specialise in a non-business related program in your undergraduate degree, and you’re now looking to get the business understanding to boost your employability?
- Did you study a business degree for your undergraduate program, and are now looking to advance your understanding?
- Do you hope to become a successful manager and leader of the future?
- Are you keen to study in an international environment with a world-class curriculum and state-of-the-art facilities?
If any of these sound like you, enrol in the MBA today.
Why study your MBA at RMIT University Vietnam?
- You’ll receive an Australian degree that is internationally recognised, without even having to leave home
- You’ll have access to the wide range of study advice and learning support services provided by the University to help you succeed
- You’ll have direct access to some of the biggest names in Vietnam’s business sector
- More than just business skills, you’ll develop your interpersonal skills, your ability to analyse and solve problems, your confidence and self-awareness – all essential skills for today’s leaders.
An MBA gives you the opportunity to boost your existing undergraduate degree with advanced skills in business, leadership and management. Any career you wish to pursue will benefit from your increased knowledge and ability.
Graduates from RMIT Vietnam's MBA program have pursued successful careers in:
- banking and finance
- marketing and communications
- IT and computing
- education and training
- government positions
Many of our MBA graduates also go on to entrepreneurial pursuits in their own businesses.
A bachelor degree in any discipline from a recognised tertiary institution with a Grade Point Average (GPA) of Credit or above.
English language requirements
To proceed to a post-graduate program, non-native English speaking students must provide evidence of one of the following:
- Successful completion of RMIT Vietnam English Advanced Level (Level 7)
- IELTS 6.5+ (no band below 6.0)
- TOEFL Paper based 580+ (TWE 4.5+)
- TOEFL Computer based 233+ (TWE 4.5+)
- TOEFL Internet based 92+ (no band below 20)
Note: TOEFL and IELTS are recognised for two years from the test date. RMIT English results are only recognised for one year from the test date.
Applicants who have completed postgraduate business or management studies or have partially completed an MBA at another institution may be accepted with some credits being granted for the RMIT MBA qualiﬁcations.
Credit transfer from other postgraduate programs and recognition of other professional qualiﬁcations will be reviewed on a case by case basis. Applicants should note, however, that only relevant postgraduate business qualiﬁcations are normally considered for credit transfer.
These must be equivalent to RMIT University's MBA course content, structure and credit point values. All applicants should undertake the normal application process.
- RMIT Vietnam has 3 semesters per year, in each semester you enrol into a maximum of 4 courses. The duration of programs is flexible and can be adapted on an individual basis upon enrolment.
- The program fees are set in Vietnam Dong (VND) and invoiced by semester.
- Fees are payable in Vietnamese Dong (VND), preferably by bank transfer.
The MBA Program consists of 12 courses (144 credit points). Students complete eleven core courses and one elective. Not all courses are offered in a particular semester and we may change or substitute courses from time to time.
- Introduction to Business Management (intensive).
- Leadership and Management.
- People and Organisations.
- Marketing for Managers.
- Business and Economic Analysis.
- Corporate Governance and Regulation Strategy
- Managerial Finance
- Applied Industry Practice
- Business Operations (Strategy and Application) (intensive)
- Elective (Entrepreneurship and New Venture Creation, Management Decision Making, and other choice)
We provide you a facilitated learning approach with business mentoring support, case studies and work- integrated courses that contextualise your learning. You will move through the program as a cohort, work in teams and beneﬁt from the additional insights and understandings that come from interaction with classmates who have similar aspirations but come from a diverse range of disciplinary and personal backgrounds.
Classes are usually a combination of lectures and tutorials in three-hour blocks. Lecturers deliver a comprehensive review of the latest thinking and world's best practice, while tutorials provide opportunities for facilitated discussion as we explore the way issues unfold in the business environment. Factually based case studies, a key feature of successful quality MBA degrees worldwide, are central to our teaching method and add further realism to the learning experience.
Students’ achievement in the program is measured by various methods including assignments, research, case study analysis, group presentations and examinations.
From a student...
Taking the MBA at RMIT helped me identify my strengths and weaknesses, and therefore improve my leadership skills. The courses provide the necessary knowledge through the case studies, and practice lessons, and so students gain the most useful information, techniques and skills to apply to their daily work as a manager.
Nguyen Thi Ngoc Thuan, Current student of the Master of Business Administration (Full time)
From a student...
The MBA program at RMIT has given me great knowledge and provided me with new opportunities. I learned how to develop myself as a future leader and manager. The program was very useful and the lecturers are very professional and experienced.
Tran Quang Vu, Current student of the Master of Business Administration (Full time)