- RMIT Saigon South
Develop the knowledge and skills that set you apart, and become highly employable in Vietnam's rapidly expanding IT and software development sector.
Information Technology experts with English language skills are in high demand, as many international companies increasingly invest in Vietnam’s booming economy and its IT-related industries.
Combining your knowledge of IT theory and practice with hands-on expertise, you will be able to develop an organisation’s technology infrastructure and support the people who use it. You will also be able to create and manage business applications, cloud storage, social media, websites, systems and environments.
You will study software design, development and testing systems and learn to problem solve, support, troubleshoot and design IT for organisations across a wide range of sectors. You will learn to apply your skills to large-scale software application developments, and you will complete a project in your final semester that simulates working with industry. You will also develop skills in project management, research and communication that will set you apart from other graduates and help you become an IT specialist, and a leader in the information technology industry.
Our comprehensive program is professionally accredited by the Australian Computer Society (ACS) - this means the quality of our program is certified by professionals, and your IT degree will be recognised internationally. ACS employment surveys consistently demonstrate that graduates from ACS accredited programs are sought after by industry, and can expect to earn a higher salary.
An IT qualification from RMIT gives you the skills to develop IT infrastructures and support the people who use them - from network and data administration, programming and client support to specialised skills at the forefront of innovation in IT.
Entry level careers:
- Application developer
- Cloud technician
- Game or animation developer
- Security analyst
- Software engineer
- User-interface designer and programmer
- Web developer
- System administrator
- Mobile developer
Long term career path:
- Senior developer
- Project manager
- Technical manager
- IT manager
- Chief technology officer
- Chief executive officer
In your third year we recommend that you join our Flagship Internship course. A Flagship internship gives you hands-on experience, and you will gain vital workplace skills and training.
Choose from these program electives:
- Data Analytics
- Advanced Programming Techniques
- Cloud Computing
- Mobile Application Development
- Software Testing
- Algorithms and Analysis
- Web Server and Web Technologies
- Web Development Technologies
- Software Architecture: Design and Implementation.
At RMIT University Vietnam it’s possible to fast-track your studies and complete your degree in under 2.5 years.
The Bachelor of Information Technology program is accredited at the professional level by the Australian Computer Society (ACS), an organisation that accredits Information and Communication Technology related programs in Australia.
- The Bachelor of Information Technology program is delivered through lectures, tutorials, projects, group work and industry placements.
- Assessments will vary with each course but may include examinations, assignments, presentations, projects and group work.
- High school graduation diploma with a minimum GPA of 7.0/10.0 for Grade 12, and with a score of 6.0/10.0 or more in Mathematics subject; for other international qualifications please view entry requirements by country; or
- Successfully complete the UniSTART (Information Technology) with a minimum GPA of 1.0/4.0
- If you have completed or partially completed a similar program at another institution you may be accepted with some academic credit, or exemptions, being granted toward this program.
Successfully complete RMIT English Advanced or complete one of the following English proficiency tests:
- IELTS (Academic) 6.5+ (no band below 6.0)
- TOEFL iBT 92+ (no band below 20)
- Pearson Test of English (Academic) 58+ (no communication band below 50)
- Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE) or Proficiency (CPE) 176+ (no band below 169)
For other international English entry requirements, please view English equivalency requirements.
Note: TOEFL, IELTS, Pearson and Cambridge results are recognised for two years from the test date. RMIT English results are recognised for one year from the test date.
Please contact the RMIT Vietnam Student Recruitment team for more information.
Students can choose standard fee or fixed fee program. Payments can be made each semester, on a course-by-course basis.
Annual tuition fee: 10,238 USD ~ 233,944,000 VND (based on full time study load - 8 courses)
Whole program fee: 30,715 USD ~ 701,832,000 VND (24 courses - 288 credits)
Annual tuition fee: 10,795 USD ~ 246,672,000 VND (based on full time study load - 8 courses)
Whole program fee: 32,386 USD ~ 740,016,000 VND (24 courses - 288 credits)
(*) Fixed Fees are offered to brand new students who would like to fix their course tuition fees for a specified period of a Higher Education degree program. The fixed fee program guards against potential fee increases and currency fluctuations. All fees noted above with * are fixed fees, and are correct for 2017.
The duration of programs is flexible and can be adapted on an individual basis upon enrolment.
Program fees are priced and invoiced in Vietnam Dong (VND).
Payment in other currencies will be converted to VND at the exchange rate on that day. Bank transfer is the preferred method of payment.
The USD fee noted above is to be used as a guide only. The USD fee is quoted to overseas students as per Circular No. 32/2013/TT_NHNN, article 4.16.b.
From a graduate...
Studying Information Technology is challenging and rewarding. As an IT student at RMIT Vietnam, I acquired practical knowledge with up-to-date materials, and vastly developed my self-learning skills.
Nguyen Cao Phuc, Graduate, Bachelor of Information Technology