- RMIT Saigon South
If you have a flair for fashion and a mind for business, you are uniquely suited to a career in the fashion and textiles industry. You will study design, distribution and retail, and the theory and practice of visual merchandising.
RMIT’s Bachelor of Fashion (Merchandise Management) equips you with the skills and fashion knowledge to plan, develop and execute marketing and merchandising campaigns.
A highlight of the program is our Flagship Internship, where you will experience working within Vietnam's expanding fashion industry – this will help you gain hands-on experience in fashion merchandising, planning and buying, as well as a deeper understanding of consumer demand for apparel.
As part of your major project studies, you will undertake industry research and develop commercial industry briefs. You will attend lectures and forums by industry professionals, and connect with key industry figures through events and special public lectures.
RMIT graduates promote, customise and apply global trends in the local market - they also expand local brands to an international level. Job opportunities are exciting and varied, including:
- Brand management
- Fashion marketing and promotions
- International trade
- Range coordination
- Retail operations
- Outsourcing (production)
- Product development
- Supply chain management
- Trends analysis.
- Teaching and learning in this degree is very practical, providing you with constant hands-on experience. Your experience is structured, so that you begin in a safe, low-risk environment where you can learn essential skills, and progress to an internship in a real business within Vietnam's expanding fashion industry.
- You'll be assessed in a variety of ways to ensure that you can demonstrate your skills across the range of areas required for a fashion merchandiser. Expect a combination of examinations, assignments, presentations and project work. Assessment may be both individual, or conducted in groups.
- High school graduation diploma with a minimum GPA of 7.0/10.0 for Grade 12, for other international qualifications please view entry requirements by country; or
- Successfully complete the UniSTART (Fashion) with a minimum GPA of 1.0/4.0 with no double fail of a course
- If you have completed or partially completed a similar program at another institution you may be accepted with some academic credit, or exemptions, being granted toward this program.
Successfully complete RMIT English Advanced or complete one of the following English proficiency tests:
- IELTS (Academic) 6.5+ (no band below 6.0)
- TOEFL iBT 92+ (no band below 20)
- Pearson Test of English (Academic) 58+ (no communication band below 50)
- Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE) or Proficiency (CPE) 176+ (no band below 169)
For other international English entry requirements, please view English equivalency requirements.
Note: TOEFL, IELTS, Pearson and Cambridge results are recognised for two years from the test date. RMIT English results are recognised for one year from the test date.
Please contact the RMIT Vietnam Student Recruitment team for more information.
Students can choose standard fee or fixed fee program. Payments can be made each semester, on a course-by-course basis.
- Annual tuition fee: 11,262 USD ~ 257,337,667 VND (based on full time study load - 8 courses)
- Whole program fee: 33,786 USD ~ 772,013,000 VND (24 courses - 288 credits)
- Annual tuition fee*: 12,037 USD ~ 275,040,000 VND (based on full time study load - 8 courses)
- Whole program fee*: 36,110 USD ~ 825,120,000 VND (24 courses - 288 credits)
(*) Fixed Fees are offered to brand new students who would like to fix their course tuition fees for a specified period of a Higher Education degree program. The fixed fee program guards against potential fee increases and currency fluctuations. All fees noted above with * are fixed fees, and are correct for 2018.
- The duration of programs is flexible and can be adapted on an individual basis upon enrolment.
- Program fees are priced and invoiced in Vietnam Dong (VND).
- Payment in other currencies will be converted to VND at the exchange rate on that day. Bank transfer is the preferred method of payment.
- The USD fee noted above is to be used as a guide only. The USD fee is quoted to overseas students as per Circular No. 32/2013/TT_NHNN, article 4.16.b.
Phan Hong Hanh
Bachelor of Fashion (Merchandise Management)
Junior Designer, Fashion 4 Freedom
Of course RMIT students are not always perfect, but their willingness to learn, to involve themselves, their creativity, and their enthusiasm in everything they do truly deserves a medal!”
Thuy Design House