- RMIT Saigon South
As technology continues to evolve, software engineers are in high demand in trending areas of artificial intelligence, embedded systems, robotics, virtual reality and big data.
Software engineers apply engineering principles and systematic methods to develop programs and operate data for computers and electronic equipment. They unite the theories and methods of computer science, engineering and mathematics to create software applications, systems, hardware devices and telecommunication networks.
In this program, you will build expertise in designing solution architectures and developing software and hardware solutions in embedded systems, enterprise application development, mobile device applications and big data analytics.
Being exposed to a range of experiences in these trending areas will help you to develop the skills and versatility you need to enter this exciting employment marketplace.
This program has been accredited by Engineers Australia, which is a signatory to the Washington Accord. This international recognition enables graduates to practise as professional engineers in 18 countries, including the US, UK, China, New Zealand, Japan, Korea and Singapore.
Entry level careers
- system analyst
- IT consultant
- mobile games developer
- product development
- software engineer
- software developer
- system engineer
Long term career pathways
- principal software engineer
- advanced/specialist engineer
- project leader/manager
- director of engineering
- chief technology officer
This program has been accredited by Engineers Australia, which is the professional accrediting body for all engineering programs at Australian universities.
- The Bachelor of Engineering program is delivered through lectures, workshops, projects, group work and industry placements.
- Assessments will vary with each course but may include examinations, assignments, reflective journals, in-class tests, laboratory reports and group projects.
- High school graduation diploma with a minimum GPA of 7.0/10.0 for Grade 12, and with a score of 6.0/10.0 or more in Mathematics subject; for other international qualifications please view entry requirements by country; or
- Successfully complete the UniSTART (Engineering) with a minimum GPA of 1.0/4.0
- If you have completed or partially completed a similar program at another institution you may be accepted with some academic credit, or exemptions, being granted toward this program.
Successfully complete RMIT English Advanced or complete one of the following English proficiency tests:
- IELTS (Academic) 6.5+ (no band below 6.0)
- TOEFL iBT 79+ (with minimum score of 13 in Reading, 12 in Listening, 18 in Speaking and 21 in Writing)
- Pearson Test of English (Academic) 58+ (no communication band below 50)
- Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE) or Proficiency (CPE) 176+ (no band below 169)
For other international English entry requirements, please view English equivalency requirements.
Note: TOEFL, IELTS, Pearson and Cambridge results are recognised for two years from the test date. RMIT English results are recognised for one year from the test date.
Please contact the RMIT Vietnam Student Recruitment team for more information.
Students can choose standard fee or fixed fee program. Payments can be made each semester, on a course-by-course basis.
Standard tuition fee 2019
- Annual tuition fee: 7,160 USD (indicative USD fee) ~ 167,404,000 VND (based on full time study load - 8 courses)
- Whole program fee: 28,641 USD (indicative USD fee) ~ 669,616,000 VND (32 courses - 384 credits)
Fixed fee 2019
- Annual tuition fee*: 7,857 USD (indicative USD fee) ~ 183,682,250 VND (based on full time study load - 8 courses)
- Whole program fee*: 31,426 USD (indicative USD fee) ~ 734,729,000 VND (32 courses - 384 credits)
(*) Fixed Fees are offered to brand new students who would like to fix their course tuition fees for a specified period of a Higher Education degree program. The fixed fee program guards against potential fee increases and currency fluctuations. All fees noted above with * are fixed fees, and are correct for 2019.
- The duration of programs is flexible and can be adapted on an individual basis upon enrolment.
- Program fees are priced and invoiced in Vietnam Dong (VND).
- Payment in other currencies will be converted to VND at the exchange rate on that day. Bank transfer is the preferred method of payment.
- The fees in USD are ONLY applicable to those international students who arrange for payment from overseas, as per Circular No. 32/2013/TT-NHNN.
Honours is a pathway to higher research degrees and is located at Level 8 of the Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF). An Honours degree provides a distinctive competitive advantage in the international job market.
The Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) at RMIT University Vietnam is a four year program (full-time). It incorporates a Bachelor degree and additional study to develop your research, analytical and communication skills. This type of Honours study is embedded throughout the degree program.
Honours may be also be available in other programs as one year of additional study, which includes a thesis. This type of Honours program is designed for high achieving students with the potential to undertake independent research. Under the general guidance of a supervisor, you will plan, develop, and report on a research project which is aimed at producing practical and theoretical outcomes that build on existing knowledge.
At Schneider, we believe access to energy and digital is a basic human right. We empower all to do more with less to ensure that ‘Life Is On’ everywhere for everyone at every moment. Our collaboration with RMIT is a great example of how university-industry relations can offer insights into our day-to-day business. Through job shadowing, internships and other activities, students gain comprehensive knowledge to help prepare them for the future.
Felicitas Huong Friedrich - Corporate Social Responsibility and Education Manager, Schneider Electric
From a current student...
I participated in an exchange program to Australia and completed an internship at Intel. After those experiences, I became confident that I wanted to work in software engineering. At RMIT, I’m surrounded by friends who have great drive and entrepreneurial mindsets. RMIT education is so well rounded that even an engineering student like me can develop enough business acumen to one day pursue my own startup.
Tran Le Nha Tran- Current student
From a lecturer...
We’re looking for students who want to create products or find solutions for existing problems. We want to train the next generation of problem solvers. Whatever problem society has, we can come up with solutions using technology as a tool. The program’s first year provides foundational engineering knowledge. In the second year, students focus on the software side. In the final years, we try to reach industry quality for all the assignments and projects. In working with industry partners as their clients, our students need to manage their schedules, organise meetings, understand the requirements, understand the problem, develop solutions, write reports and present the solutions to clients.
Joseph (Yossi) Nygate - Program Lead