- RMIT Saigon South
Software engineers analyse real-life problems then design, develop, test and maintain software and embedded system solutions to solve those problems effectively and efficiently.
As the technology sector continues to grow rapidly in Vietnam and around the world, there is strong demand for professional software engineers with technical expertise and the business skills to match.
The Bachelor of Engineering (Software Engineering) (Honours) gives you the skills you need to become a leader in this field, with courses focused on engineering, technology, programming, entrepreneurship, leadership, management and communication.
The program is delivered based on a project-based learning model in which students are exposed to real-world problems sourced from community, research and industry. The projects are designed to meet academic, industry and international accreditation expectations. You will have the opportunity to put theory into practice and come up with innovative solutions for real-world problems in state-of-the-art software engineering laboratories.
RMIT has close relationships with key industry partners. Our innovative program design ensures that you have the opportunity to complete up to four semesters of industry placements to develop valuable work-ready skills that will set you apart. In fact, many RMIT students are offered jobs while they are still studying.
You also have the opportunity to tailor your program with elective and project-based courses to focus on specialised software development areas such as computer, mobile, web or embedded systems.
As everyday life becomes more dependent on computers and computer systems, there are almost limitless opportunities for qualified software engineering graduates in Vietnam and around the world.
Entry level careers
- System analyst
- IT Consultant
- Web/mobile/games developer
- Product development
- Software tester
- Software engineer
- Software developer
- System engineer
Long term career pathways
- Principal software engineer
- Advanced/specialist engineer
- Project leader/manager
- Software architect
- Director of engineering
- Chief technology officer
- Chief executive officer
RMIT will seek accreditation for this program as soon as it is feasible to do so within the accreditation timelines set by Engineers Australia, the accrediting body for all engineering programs in Australian universities.
- The Bachelor of Engineering program is delivered through lectures, workshops, projects, group work and industry placements.
- Assessments will vary with each course but may include examinations, assignments, reflective journals, in-class tests, laboratory reports and group projects.
- High school graduation diploma with a minimum GPA of 7.0/10.0 for Grade 12, and with a score of 6.0/10.0 or more in Mathematics subject; for other international qualifications please view entry requirements by country; or
- Successfully complete the UniSTART (Engineering) with a minimum GPA of 1.0/4.0
- If you have completed or partially completed a similar program at another institution you may be accepted with some academic credit, or exemptions, being granted toward this program.
Successfully complete RMIT English Advanced or complete one of the following English proficiency tests:
- IELTS (Academic) 6.5+ (no band below 6.0)
- TOEFL iBT 92+ (no band below 20)
- Pearson Test of English (Academic) 58+ (no communication band below 50)
- Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE) or Proficiency (CPE) 176+ (no band below 169)
For other international English entry requirements, please view English equivalency requirements.
Note: TOEFL, IELTS, Pearson and Cambridge results are recognised for two years from the test date. RMIT English results are recognised for one year from the test date.
Please contact the RMIT Vietnam Student Recruitment team for more information.
(*) Fixed Fees Program: for first semester students who would like to fix their course tuition fees for a specified period of a Higher Education degree program. The fixed fee program guards against potential fee increases and currency fluctuations.
- RMIT Vietnam has 3 semesters per year, in each semester you enrol into a maximum of 4 courses. The duration of programs is flexible and can be adapted on an individual basis upon enrolment
- Program fees are priced and invoiced in Vietnam Dong (VND) by semester.
- Payment in other currencies will be converted to VND at the exchange rate on that day. Bank transfer is the preferred method of payment.
- The USD fee noted above is to be used as a guide only. The USD fee is quoted to overseas students as per Circular No. 32/2013/TT_NHNN, article 4.16.b.
Honours is a pathway to higher research degrees and is located at Level 8 of the Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF). An Honours degree provides a distinctive competitive advantage in the international job market.
The Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) at RMIT University Vietnam is a four year program (full-time). It incorporates a Bachelor degree and additional study to develop your research, analytical and communication skills. This type of Honours study is embedded throughout the degree program.
Honours may be also be available in other programs as one year of additional study, which includes a thesis. This type of Honours program is designed for high achieving students with the potential to undertake independent research. Under the general guidance of a supervisor, you will plan, develop, and report on a research project which is aimed at producing practical and theoretical outcomes that build on existing knowledge.