Robotics and mechatronics is at the forefront of technology and innovation - gain the technical skills and knowledge to make a real difference.
Robotics and mechatronics engineering is the study and application of engineering to the design, development, maintenance and management of machinery that has electronic and computer-controlled systems. Examples include aircraft, robots, motor vehicles, and power generators.
Our courses teach and develop skills in working with high-technology engineering systems for the automation of industrial tasks or advanced electronic control systems.
Our students learn to solve problems in modern laboratories with cutting-edge software and equipment. Along with technical skills and knowledge, you will develop abilities in management, creative thinking, problem solving and communication to prepare for future leadership roles.
Our graduates compete for mid-level positions in industrial robotics or automation design, including careers in related fields such as consumer product design.
Robotics and mechatronics engineering graduates generally work with a multidisciplinary team to research, design, develop, maintain and manage high-technology engineering systems for the automation of industrial tasks to make jobs safer, easier, and more efficient. Newcomers to the field typically begin their careers as engineers before transitioning into managerial roles.
Entry level careers:
- Mechatronic engineer
- Automation engineer
- Industrial engineer
- Mechanical engineer
- Process engineer
- Product/Project manager
- Technology consultant
Long term career pathways:
- Principal engineer/Technical leader
- Advanced/specialist engineer
- Engineering manager/supervisor
- Director of engineering
- Director of technology
- Chief executive officer
RMIT will seek accreditation for this program as soon as it is feasible to do so within the accreditation timelines set by Engineers Australia, the accrediting body for all engineering programs in Australian universities.
- Teaching methods include face-to-face delivery, tutorials, workshops, and industry internships (Work Integrated Learning).
- Ongoing assessment throughout each semester may include examinations, essays, reports, presentations, laboratory reports, group projects and practical assignments.
- High school graduation diploma with a minimum GPA of 7.0/10.0 for Grade 12, and with a score of 6.0/10.0 or more in Mathematics subject; for other international qualifications please view entry requirements by country; or
- Successfully complete the UniSTART (Engineering) with a minimum GPA of 1.0/4.0
- If you have completed or partially completed a similar program at another institution you may be accepted with some academic credit, or exemptions, being granted toward this program.
Successfully complete RMIT English Advanced or complete one of the following English proficiency tests:
- IELTS (Academic) 6.5+ (no band below 6.0)
- TOEFL iBT 92+ (no band below 20)
- Pearson Test of English (Academic) 58+ (no communication band below 50)
- Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE) or Proficiency (CPE) 176+ (no band below 169)
For other international English entry requirements, please view English equivalency requirements.
Note: TOEFL, IELTS, Pearson and Cambridge results are recognised for two years from the test date. RMIT English results are recognised for one year from the test date.
Please contact the RMIT Vietnam Student Recruitment team for more information.
Students can choose standard fee or fixed fee program. Payments can be made each semester, on a course-by-course basis.
- Annual tuition fee: 6,366 USD ~ 145,455,500 VND (based on full time study load - 8 courses)
- Whole program fee: 25,463 USD ~ 581,822,000 VND (30 courses - 384 credits)
- Annual tuition fee*: 6,983 USD ~ 159,547,500 VND (based on full time study load - 8 courses)
- Whole program fee*: 27,930 USD ~ 638,190,000 VND (30 courses - 384 credits)
(*) Fixed Fees are offered to brand new students who would like to fix their course tuition fees for a specified period of a Higher Education degree program. The fixed fee program guards against potential fee increases and currency fluctuations. All fees noted above with * are fixed fees, and are correct for 2018.
- The duration of programs is flexible and can be adapted on an individual basis upon enrolment.
- Program fees are priced and invoiced in Vietnam Dong (VND).
- Payment in other currencies will be converted to VND at the exchange rate on that day. Bank transfer is the preferred method of payment.
- The USD fee noted above is to be used as a guide only. The USD fee is quoted to overseas students as per Circular No. 32/2013/TT_NHNN, article 4.16.b.
Honours is a pathway to higher research degrees and is located at Level 8 of the Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF). An Honours degree provides a distinctive competitive advantage in the international job market.
The Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) at RMIT University Vietnam is a four year program (full-time). It incorporates a Bachelor degree and additional study to develop your research, analytical and communication skills. This type of Honours study is embedded throughout the degree program.
Honours may be also be available in other programs as one year of additional study, which includes a thesis. This type of Honours program is designed for high achieving students with the potential to undertake independent research. Under the general guidance of a supervisor, you will plan, develop, and report on a research project which is aimed at producing practical and theoretical outcomes that build on existing knowledge.