- RMIT Saigon South
This program prepares you for a career in the growing field of robotics and mechatronics – a field that will set engineering trends for the next decade.
Developments in robotics and mechatronics are reshaping the modern world, with automation and smart devices changing the way we do things in the home, on the streets, in the factories and in the classrooms.
This degree will put you at the forefront to understanding the electronic, mechanical and smart control components that underpin the discipline.
You will develop a wide range of technical skills, plus abilities in management, creative thinking, problem solving and communication. These skills make our graduates the target of some of the biggest global and local companies, which have a growing demand for highly skilled labour.
Graduates compete for mid-level positions in industrial robotics or automation design.
- mechatronic engineer
- automation engineer
- industrial engineer
- mechanical engineer
- process engineer
- product/project manager
- technology consultant
- principal engineer/technical leader
- advanced/specialist engineer
- engineering manager/supervisor
- director of engineering
- director of technology
- chief executive officer
- chief technology officer
RMIT will seek accreditation for this program as soon as it is feasible to do so within the accreditation timelines set by Engineers Australia, the accrediting body for all engineering programs in Australian universities.
- Teaching methods include face-to-face delivery, tutorials, workshops, and industry internships (Work Integrated Learning).
- Ongoing assessment throughout each semester may include examinations, essays, reports, presentations, laboratory reports, group projects and practical assignments.
- High school graduation diploma with a minimum GPA of 7.0/10.0 for Grade 12, and with a score of 6.0/10.0 or more in Mathematics subject; for other international qualifications please view entry requirements by country; or
- Successfully complete the UniSTART (Engineering) with a minimum GPA of 1.0/4.0
- If you have completed or partially completed a similar program at another institution you may be accepted with some academic credit, or exemptions, being granted toward this program.
Successfully complete RMIT English Advanced or complete one of the following English proficiency tests:
- IELTS (Academic) 6.5+ (no band below 6.0)
- TOEFL iBT 79+ (with minimum score of 13 in Reading, 12 in Listening, 18 in Speaking and 21 in Writing)
- Pearson Test of English (Academic) 58+ (no communication band below 50)
- Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE) or Proficiency (CPE) 176+ (no band below 169)
For other international English entry requirements, please view English equivalency requirements.
Note: TOEFL, IELTS, Pearson and Cambridge results are recognised for two years from the test date. RMIT English results are recognised for one year from the test date.
Please contact the RMIT Vietnam Student Recruitment team for more information.
Students can choose standard fee or fixed fee program. Payments can be made each semester, on a course-by-course basis.
Standard tuition fee 2019
- Annual tuition fee: 7,160 USD (indicative USD fee) ~ 167,404,000 VND (based on full time study load - 8 courses)
- Whole program fee: 28,641 USD (indicative USD fee) ~ 669,616,000 VND (32 courses - 384 credits)
Fixed fee 2019
- Annual tuition fee*: 7,857 USD (indicative USD fee) ~ 183,682,250 VND (based on full time study load - 8 courses)
- Whole program fee*: 31,426 USD (indicative USD fee) ~ 734,729,000 VND (32 courses - 384 credits)
(*) Fixed Fees are offered to brand new students who would like to fix their course tuition fees for a specified period of a Higher Education degree program. The fixed fee program guards against potential fee increases and currency fluctuations. All fees noted above with * are fixed fees, and are correct for 2019.
- The duration of programs is flexible and can be adapted on an individual basis upon enrolment.
- Program fees are priced and invoiced in Vietnam Dong (VND).
- Payment in other currencies will be converted to VND at the exchange rate on that day. Bank transfer is the preferred method of payment.
- The fees in USD are ONLY applicable to those international students who arrange for payment from overseas, as per Circular No. 32/2013/TT-NHNN.
Honours is a pathway to higher research degrees and is located at Level 8 of the Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF). An Honours degree provides a distinctive competitive advantage in the international job market.
The Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) at RMIT University Vietnam is a four year program (full-time). It incorporates a Bachelor degree and additional study to develop your research, analytical and communication skills. This type of Honours study is embedded throughout the degree program.
Honours may be also be available in other programs as one year of additional study, which includes a thesis. This type of Honours program is designed for high achieving students with the potential to undertake independent research. Under the general guidance of a supervisor, you will plan, develop, and report on a research project which is aimed at producing practical and theoretical outcomes that build on existing knowledge.
National Instruments has been collaborating with RMIT since opening our Vietnam office in 2011. We hire interns and full-time employees from RMIT. They’re technically capable, highly motivated and good in English. In the Robotics and Mechatronics program, students are taught LabVIEW – a popular and powerful piece of software. We help these students get certified in LabVIEW with our internationally recognised certification program. This increases their technical competency. We also joined RMIT’s Industry Advisory Board. We work with other industrial partners to shape the latest curriculum.
Pham Quoc Hung - Sales Manager for Vietnam, National Instruments
From a current student...
I transferred to RMIT after completing a two-year engineering program in the US. I visited many universities in the US to learn more about their programs. I’ve made a great decision to come to RMIT to study. RMIT has many advantages over even the best universities in the US. The facilities here are state of the art and the lecturers are highly qualified. The industry connections are unlike any school I’ve seen. At other international universities, usually only the top students can do internships. But, at RMIT, everyone has the chance to get to know industry partners.
Tran Quang Loc - Current student
From a lecturer...
Robotics used to be something of the future, but it’s already our present. This program allows you to learn engineering from various viewpoints, including mechanical motion of robots, electrical power to make these motions possible and control systems to design smooth and useful motion. It has amazing courses about integration of the new manufacturing systems into existing factories and about developing entrepreneurial ideas from ‘suggestion’ to ‘new factory’ layout. You will stay in touch with the latest equipment.
Dr Ilya Kavalchuk - Lecturer