- RMIT Saigon South
Develop your creativity and gain the skills and knowledge to work at the forefront of Southeast Asia’s expanding and innovative design industry with the Bachelor of Design (Digital Media).
This program will help you to bring your design ideas to life – in all kinds of dimensions.
As the design landscape continues to shift dramatically, with digital media already going well beyond the simple interaction with screens, employers increasingly want creative staff with expertise in augmented reality, virtual reality and other emerging technologies.
You will keep up to date with the latest design trends and learn to transform your ideas into dynamic digital creations.
You will learn to communicate verbally and visually in English and interact and collaborate with highly
creative people. Plus, you will enjoy industry connections and exposure to internationally acclaimed competitions and events.
Modern facilities and industry partnerships allow you to move fluidly between the classroom, studio and workplace.
Digital media and design professionals are in demand, as corporations large and small have an ever expanding online presence. Opportunities are diverse, and can be found in advertising, film, television, animation, Internet development and mobile technologies.
You will be ready to take on roles that are changing the face of visual communication, including:
- advertising and media production;
- audio/video production and post-production;
- digital media management;
- film and television;
- web and information design;
- interactive game development;
- motion design and visual effects;
- software development (interface and interaction design);
- 3D modelling and animation;
- event/stage design
- Teaching methods include face-to-face delivery, studios, design labs, tutorials, classes, workshops and industry seminars. Student achievement in the program is measured by methods including creative responses to design briefs, media production projects, research, group presentations, essays and examinations.
- Student achievement in the program is measured by methods including creative responses to design briefs, media production projects, research, group presentations, essays and examinations.
- High school graduation diploma with a minimum GPA of 7.0/10.0 for Grade 12, for other international qualifications please view entry requirements by country; or
- Successfully complete the UniSTART (Digital Media) with a minimum GPA of 1.0/4.0 with no double fail of a course
- If you have completed or partially completed a similar program at another institution you may be accepted with some academic credit, or exemptions, being granted toward this program.
Successfully complete RMIT English Advanced or complete one of the following English proficiency tests:
- IELTS (Academic) 6.5+ (no band below 6.0)
- TOEFL iBT 79+ (with minimum score of 13 in Reading, 12 in Listening, 18 in Speaking and 21 in Writing)
- Pearson Test of English (Academic) 58+ (no communication band below 50)
- Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE) or Proficiency (CPE) 176+ (no band below 169)
For other international English entry requirements, please view English equivalency requirements.
Note: TOEFL, IELTS, Pearson and Cambridge results are recognised for two years from the test date. RMIT English results are recognised for one year from the test date.
Please contact the RMIT Vietnam Student Recruitment team for more information.
Students can choose standard fee or fixed fee program. Payments can be made each semester, on a course-by-course basis.
Standard tuition fee 2019
- Annual tuition fee: 11,589 USD ~ 277,920,000 VND (based on full time study load - 8 courses)
- Whole program fee: 34,769 USD ~ 833,760,000 VND (18 courses - 288 credits)
Fixed fee 2019
- Annual tuition fee*: 12,387 USD ~ 297,043,000 VND (based on full time study load - 8 courses)
- Whole program fee*: 37,161 USD ~ 891,130,000 VND (18 courses - 288 credits)
(*) Fixed Fees are offered to brand new students who would like to fix their course tuition fees for a specified period of a Higher Education degree program. The fixed fee program guards against potential fee increases and currency fluctuations. All fees noted above with * are fixed fees, and are correct for 2019.
- The duration of programs is flexible and can be adapted on an individual basis upon enrolment.
- Program fees are priced and invoiced in Vietnam Dong (VND).
- Payment in other currencies will be converted to VND at the exchange rate on that day. Bank transfer is the preferred method of payment.
- The fees in USD are ONLY applicable to those international students who arrange for payment from overseas, as per Circular No. 32/2013/TT-NHNN.
Chau Chan Quyen
Executive Producer, Rice and Partners