Develop strong written, verbal, visual, and digital skills and be part of Vietnam’s exciting and rapidly changing media and communications landscape.
Professional communicators inform, convince, promote and educate. They tailor written and/or visual content for a specific audience, and produce work that is both informative and compelling.
Our courses keep up with the latest trends - we work with industry experts, and incorporate real-world projects. Our elective courses include the option to study Vietnamese for professional communication; this means you can be confident applying for jobs that require translation, group work, and inter-cultural communication.
You will complete an internship as part of your program - RMIT’s Flagship Internship gives you the ideal opportunity to apply the knowledge and skills you learn in class into real-world industry situations. Your internship may be in media and advertising agencies, or with one of our other leading industry partners.
Our program is also designed to incorporate issues relevant to Vietnam. As a Professional Communication student, you will have the opportunity to help solve ‘human problems’ through a course project which focuses on improving the lives of impoverished communities in rural parts of Vietnam and connecting their issues to the rest of the country.
Professional communication graduates have the creative ideas, language skills, and business awareness to become internationally competitive professionals.
You will be work-ready for a variety of roles, including:
- Advertising officer/manager
- Communications officer/manager
- Communications strategist/planner
- Content creator - web and print
- Digital marketing
- Event coordinator and manager
- Multimedia journalism
- Online communications specialist
- Public relations and external affairs
- Social media planner/manager/executive.
- RMIT Vietnam focuses on student-centred learning, which puts you and your learning needs at the centre of our teaching practice. Teaching methods include face-to-face delivery, tutorial classes, workshops and industry seminars. Studio courses present a practical approach to learning where you’ll undertake project work based on real-world briefs and case studies.
- To add to your learning resources, RMIT has partnered with renowned marketing communications agencies to create Vietnamese market case studies. Giving you an edge, these studies provide insight into the local market, local consumers and the domestic media environment.
- You'll be assessed in a variety of ways to ensure that you can demonstrate your skills across the range of areas required for a communication graduate. Expect a combination of examinations, assignments, presentations and project work. Assessment may be both individual, or conducted in groups.
- High school graduation diploma with a minimum GPA of 7.0/10.0 for Grade 12, for other international qualifications please view entry requirements by country; or
- Successfully complete the UniSTART (Professional Communication) with a minimum GPA of 1.0/4.0 with no double fail of a course
- If you have completed or partially completed a similar program at another institution you may be accepted with some academic credit, or exemptions, being granted toward this program.
Successfully complete RMIT English Advanced or complete one of the following English proficiency tests:
- IELTS (Academic) 6.5+ (no band below 6.0)
- TOEFL iBT 92+ (no band below 20)
- Pearson Test of English (Academic) 58+ (no communication band below 50)
- Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE) or Proficiency (CPE) 176+ (no band below 169)
For other international English entry requirements, please view English equivalency requirements.
Note: TOEFL, IELTS, Pearson and Cambridge results are recognised for two years from the test date. RMIT English results are recognised for one year from the test date.
Please contact the RMIT Vietnam Student Recruitment team for more information.
Students can choose standard fee or fixed fee program. Payments can be made each semester, on a course-by-course basis.
- Annual tuition fee: 11,262 USD ~ 257,337,667 VND (based on full time study load - 8 courses)
- Whole program fee: 33,786 USD ~ 772,013,000 VND (21 courses - 288 credits)
- Annual tuition fee*: 12,037 USD ~ 275,040,000 VND (based on full time study load - 8 courses)
- Whole program fee*: 36,110 USD ~ 825,120,000 VND (21 courses - 288 credits)
(*) Fixed Fees are offered to brand new students who would like to fix their course tuition fees for a specified period of a Higher Education degree program. The fixed fee program guards against potential fee increases and currency fluctuations. All fees noted above with * are fixed fees, and are correct for 2018.
- The duration of programs is flexible and can be adapted on an individual basis upon enrolment.
- Program fees are priced and invoiced in Vietnam Dong (VND).
- Payment in other currencies will be converted to VND at the exchange rate on that day. Bank transfer is the preferred method of payment.
- The USD fee noted above is to be used as a guide only. The USD fee is quoted to overseas students as per Circular No. 32/2013/TT_NHNN, article 4.16.b.
Current students and alumni