Victoria has been teaching in higher education for seven years, with two of those being at RMIT in the Fashion Merchandise Management program. She has a specific focus on the creative courses that align within the product development stream.
During her Master's year, Victoria set up Victoria Eskdale Designs, working with suppliers to develop technical specification packs and take their garments from idea to product. Her entrepreneurship and outstanding grades led to an associate lecturing position at Manchester Metropolitan University.
- Graduate Certificate in Learning & Teaching, RMIT
- Master of Science in Advanced Product Development, Manchester Metropolitan University
- Bachelor of Arts (Hons), Clothing Product and Development, Manchester Metropolitan University
- Foundation, Edexcel Art Foundation, London College of Fashion
Her research areas of interest are artisans, sustainability, archiving, fashion and textile design, craft, innovation in craft, historical and contemporary cultural contexts for sustainability, nature, environment, symbols and meaning.
Victoria has a love of Southeast Asia, aligning her research to the indigenous tribes of the region. In 2016 she collaborated with Fashion 4 Freedom to design, sample and develop a capsule collection of jackets integrating the traditional Aloui tribe fabric. These jackets featured alongside other Fashion 4 Freedom products in an exhibition that Victoria curated and led.
Victoria is currently working on a number of additional research projects that are set to be completed by the end of 2018. These are focused on a recent trip to Ha Giang province in the north of Vietnam, where she visited the ethnic minorities that live and work there.
- 2011-15: Technical Pack Designer, Women’s and Menswear Designer, Victoria Eskdale Designs
- 2010: Assistant Womenswear Designer, Visage
- 2009-10: Assistant Footwear and Accessories Designer, Danielle International
- 2015-present: Associate Lecturer; Course Coordinator for Product Specifications, Apparel Product Development, Fashion Materials, Product Ranging, and Applied Management and Fashion flagship internship course; RMIT Vietnam
- 2011-14: Associate Lecturer, Computer Aided Design, Business Communications and Fashion Design and Illustration, Manchester Metropolitan University
- 2011-2014: Associate Lecturer, Computer Aided Design, Liverpool College