How can you study more effectively in your courses? How can you communicate more clearly?
Course teachers provide information, activities and assessments to help students achieve a deeper understanding of their subject.
But sometimes you will have questions about HOW to study more effectively. You may want advice about HOW to approach your assignments and coursework.
Our Learning and Language Advisors now offer regular consultation times at the Saigon South and Hanoi City campuses.
Work with an Advisor to help you respond to the following challenges:
- What actions can help me learn more effectively in my course?
- How can I communicate more clearly for my subject area?
- How can I fully understand the requirements of an assignment?
- How can I develop my writing and speaking projects more effectively?
- How can I research and read more effectively?
- How can I identify the important information to focus on when listening to lectures?
- How can I proof read to improve the quality of my written work?
- How can I organize my exam preparation?
How can you prepare for your one-to-one appointment?
To get the most benefit from the advising session, you should prepare for your appointment. You must give the Advisor enough specific information to support you. To prepare for your appointment, you should bring:
- A specific question(s) related to your study or your assignment
- All materials that are related to your question (e.g. assignment brief/description, marking rubric, assignment draft, textbooks, articles, etc.)
- Any additional information that can help the Adviser understand your question