RMIT Vietnam has made a strong commitment to environmental best practice and the prevention of pollution in office management, general operations and design/construction/fit out of its facilities in Ho Chi Minh City and Hanoi. Through a process of continual improvement RMIT Vietnam aims to lead the education sector in South East Asia in efficient and effective environmental office practices, providing a role model for others to follow.
Through a philosophy of Reduce - Reuse - Recycle the University will:
- Identify and manage its environmental footprint, and the associated risks and opportunities;
- Minimise waste-to-landfill and greenhouse gas emissions, reduce its consumption of power, water and natural resources, maximise our positive environmental benefits, employ environmental considerations in purchasing decisions and continue to identify new areas for improved performance;
- Work closely with its employees, clients, suppliers and stakeholders to continually refine its work practices and operations;
- Regularly monitor and report on its environmental performance;
- Incorporate environmental management considerations into its core business plans and management practices, including the design, construction, fit-out and ongoing operation of facilities;
- As a minimum, comply with applicable legal requirements, relevant Vietnamese Government policies, and its environmental management plans;
- Actively promote and encourage the adoption of ecologically sustainable work practices and operations within the University and where possible the general community.