If you’ve attended a local high school in Vietnam, there are a number of academic and English language requirements you’ll need to meet to gain entry to an RMIT Vietnam program. You can choose to take a pathway or apply for direct entry to our bachelor programs.
RMIT offers a number of UniSTART studies that prepare you for undergraduate study in your chosen discipline: UniSTART for Business, Professional Communication, Fashion, Design or UniSTART for Technology (Engineering or Information Technology streams available). Local students wishing to apply for the UniSTART studies (any discipline) should meet the following eligibility:
High school graduation diploma with a minimum GPA of 6.0/10.0 for Grade 12
UniSTART eligibility vary depending on selected Higher Education program:
Successfully complete RMIT English Upper-Intermediate or Advanced or complete one of the following English proficiency tests:
- IELTS (Academic) 5.5+ (no band below 5.0) to 6.0+ (no band below 5.5)
- TOEFL iBT 71+ (no band below 17) to 79+ (no band below 19)
- Pearson Test of English (Academic) 42+ (no communication band below 36) to 50+ (no communication band below 42)
- Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE) or First (FCE) 162+ (no band below 154) to 169+ (no band below 162)
Local students wishing to apply directly to an undergraduate degree program (any discipline) should meet the following entry requirements:
High school graduation diploma with a minimum GPA of 7.0/10.0 for Grade 12
Successfully complete RMIT English Advanced Plus or complete one of the following English proficiency tests:
- IELTS (Academic) score of 6.5+ (no band below 6.0)
- TOEFL iBT 92+ (no band below 20)
- Pearson Test of English (Academic) 58+ (no communication band below 50)
- Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE) or Proficiency (CPE) 176+ (no band below 169)
Articulation from RMIT Vietnam pathways
Articulation from other institutions
Students who hold a higher education diploma from one of RMIT's partner institutions can receive credit towards the Bachelor of Business program. Our Partner institutions include: Kent College, College of Foreign Economic Relations and College of Economics.
Please contact the RMIT Vietnam Student Recruitment team for more information.
Note: TOEFL, IELTS, Pearson and Cambridge results are recognised for two years from the test date. RMIT English results are only recognised for one year from the test date.