You can apply to study overseas for one or two semesters at RMIT in Melbourne, Australia. You will remain enrolled full-time at RMIT University Vietnam while you are away, and you continue to pay your usual tuition fees.
Study in the heart of the world’s most liveable city
Melbourne is the capital city of Victoria in Australia’s south-east. It is a thriving, modern and multicultural city, offering you the chance to explore its many natural and cultural charms. Melbourne’s reputation as the world’s most liveable city attracts visitors from all over the world. A café culture dominates the many streets and laneways, while the natural beauty of the Australian landscape is only a short drive away.
RMIT Melbourne is home to approximately 12,000 international students from more than 100 countries. When you study at RMIT you’re part of a vibrant and welcoming university filled with social, cultural, sporting and recreation activities.
- Melbourne has been voted the “world’s most liveable city” five years in a row
- Getting around the city is easy
- RMIT Melbourne offers you support to find accommodation
- Share with other students and share the fun!
Enrol at RMIT University Vietnam, and once you have been with us for at least two semesters (undergraduate, or one semester postgraduate) you can apply for cross-campus study.
As it takes time to complete the application process and arrange a visa, the application deadline is four to six months prior to your proposed start date.
If you would like to be an exchange student at RMIT University, you must:
- Be currently enrolled in an RMIT Bachelor or Master program
- Have completed at least two semesters of full time studies for a Bachelor degree (72-96 credit points) and one semester of full time studies (36-48 credit points) for a Master degree at RMIT Vietnam
- Have a minimum GPA of 2.0/4.0 or equivalent
- Be 18 years of age or over at time of application
Course requirement: make sure you check the entry requirements, English language requirements, and prerequisites for each course. This information is available under the heading Entry requirements in each program summary.
How to register for cross-campus study to Melbourne
The registration and application process for cross-campus study to Melbourne involves a few steps. Check your eligibility and make sure you fulfill the requirements before applying; be mindful of the application deadlines. Follow the steps to register.
- Semester 1 (February - June): 20 August* previous year
- Semester 2 (July - November): 18 Feb* that year
*Online applications open one month before the deadline.